how?write Windows forms with C++.net in the VS.net 2003?

hi,guys,I got these problem:
My boss want me to write a program,which is a small tool with a nice GUI,use the Visual Studio.net 2003,the visual C++.net,to write the windows forms program,but I cannot find anything useful by the google,somebody could help me to how to start? are there any books or manual?
PS:I am a fresh man with C++,learned something about MFC
Last edited on
.NET is a language completely separate from C++ (this applies to C++.NET, too), so I'm afraid you're in the wrong forum.

Also, it is my opinion that unless you put in your resume you knew .NET, you shouldn't have to do this since, like I said, C++.NET is a completely different language from C++. Either that, or tell him that you can do it, but you need to learn the language, as it is not C++, despite what anyone can say. Since you already know C++, this shouldn't take an exorbitant amount of time. This will have one of the following effects:
* It will buy you more time.
* The project will change to a different environment, such as native C++.
* Someone else will be assigned to the project.
* The project will be scrapped.
thanks, helios, I just find the difference between them, I have to try my best,you know ,this is my first mission,cause I just graduated from school...
closed account (z05DSL3A)
Helios wrote:
.NET is a language completely separate from C++ (this applies to C++.NET, too), so I'm afraid you're in the wrong forum.

It is not the wrong forum, the title and subtitle of this forum is:
Windows Programming
Win32, MFC, ATL, C++/CLI, .NET ...

I would also disagree that .NET is a language, it is a framework. A core aspect of the framework is the Common Language Infrastructure (CLI) with Microsoft's implementation being called the Common Language Runtime (CLR)...but anyway...

If I remember correctly, Visual Studio.net 2003 uses Managed Extensions for C++.1 Visual Studio 2005 uses C++/CLI .2 There seems to being a distinct lack of good resources to learn these, but if you search amazon for C++/CLI you should find something (I recommend avoiding Managed Extensions for C++, but even better do .NET development with C#).

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Managed_Extensions_for_C%2B%2B
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C%2B%2B_CLI
thanks so, Grey,your words sound great...
I would also advise trying to use VS2005 or 2008 which use C++/CLI rather than Managed Extensions.
The biggest problem I have with .Net is the size of the framework - you can spend a lot of time searching docs to find which class to use for something, then which specific method, etc.
But persevere, and if you have particular problems try posting here - if someone does know the answer they will try and help:-)
Windows Programming
Win32, MFC, ATL, C++/CLI, .NET ...

Huh. What do you know?
I would also disagree that .NET is a language, it is a framework.

Well, yeah... It's not quite a language since it doesn't define syntax, but it does define just about every other aspect. Compiler output, memory management, paradigm, standard library.
Let's face it. It's Java with syntax plugins.
Last edited on
closed account (z05DSL3A)
Huh. What do you know?

Is that a rhetorical question? or are you being belligerent?
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.