I/O acces (and a lot of other things)

Hello,

I have no programming experience, I have already learned the basics but I think I need some guides to find the right tutorials or places where to look.

I am doing in a project that involves biofeedback. we have a device for data acquisition and I have the drivers for that machine. Also is there software that displays the biodata (for example heart rate).
In the end, I want to use this data and visualize it in another program but for now, I just want to get the data out data-acquisition software and show it in another window.

To summarize: I have a program that reads the data and does some processing on it. I want to read that data out and display it in a seperate window.

Can someone please provide me some links or help on what I should learn to 'extract' the data from the other program.

And another question: is it possible to write my own program, where I only use the drivers or something? If so, how can i learn how to acces this input?

Thank you very much!

Can someone please provide me some links or help on what I should learn to 'extract' the data from the other program.

The generic term for this is ‘Interprocess Communication’. It is an advanced topic and nothing a beginner should tackle.

And another question: is it possible to write my own program, where I only use the drivers or something? If so, how can i learn how to acces this input?

Yes; however, your data acquisition software likely exposes COM interfaces or something like that; perhaps only C/C++ functions which you might have an include file for. This too can be an advanced topic.

In the end, I want to use this data and visualize it in another program but for now, I just want to get the data out data-acquisition software and show it in another window.

If you’ve already sunk several months into console mode C++ programming you might want to start to learn GUI programming. Perhaps look at this link…

http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/windows/31963/

You havn’t really given enough details for anyone to provide you with much of an answer here. For example, “we have a device for data acquisition and I have the drivers for that machine.” What device and what drivers?

In other words, is there a manual for the data acquisition hardware which might describe how to programitically interface with it? Perhaps there is a lib and associated inc file which might allow interfacing with the device.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.