Compile as system file

closed account (NAXz3TCk)
I am trying to write a program that needs admin rights for a lot of processes, and I get really tired of doing the whole UAV thingy in Windows 7. I am using Visual Studio 2010(c++)/Code::Blocks(c++) as my compilers. I am comfortable with both. Also, how would I run a program as a service without a system() command?

Thank you,
Freddie
If there was a method to easily bypass the UAC thing, it wouldn't be worth much. You can turn it off in the control panel if you want to.
Well, I had a virus on my computer that did that. I clicked on a link and it executed itself in C:\windows\system32\ I know that system files run stuff as admin all the time. I don't get asked for those. Also is there a way to run a program as a service without a system() command?

Thanks again,
Freddie
If you execute a program while logged in as administrator then that program is running with administrator rights. In order to have it completley by-pass the UAC you need to run it under the system account which yes running it as a service would help accomplish this. I believe the class is called the Service Control Designer, but I don't have any experiance using it.
Thank you! Your response was very helpful.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.