VC++ 2010 Express Edition problem

Hi,

Got a new laptop and got VC++ Express Edition 2010. Im just doing a simple hello world to see if things compile and run. I made a console application called Test Proj that should just print out

"hello"

It works, but is 2010 different in that it doesnt end these apps with a

"Press any key to continue..."

Cos unless i put in something, like a cin, the program ends.

Also Im getting these errors in the Output window when the program ends:

'TestProj.exe': Loaded 'C:\Users\Downey\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\TestProj\Debug\TestProj.exe', Symbols loaded.
'TestProj.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'TestProj.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\kernel32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'TestProj.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\KernelBase.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'TestProj.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\guard32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'TestProj.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\user32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'TestProj.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\gdi32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'TestProj.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\lpk.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'TestProj.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\usp10.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'TestProj.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcrt.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'TestProj.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\advapi32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'TestProj.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\sechost.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'TestProj.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\rpcrt4.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'TestProj.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\sspicli.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'TestProj.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\cryptbase.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'TestProj.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\version.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'TestProj.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcp100d.dll', Symbols loaded.
'TestProj.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcr100d.dll', Symbols loaded.
'TestProj.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\imm32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'TestProj.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msctf.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'TestProj.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\fltLib.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
The program '[7316] TestProj.exe: Native' has exited with code 0 (0x0).

Doesanyone konw what is causing this?
Is there some configuration problem or something?

Cheers
It is pretty much as it says, the debugger has detected that you're using several DLLs (implicity) and is trying to load the symbol tables for each module. It's reporting which ones it can find and which ones it can't.

If it can't find a symbol table, it can't show you the symbols if you step/break into code in one of these DLLs, you'll just get the disassembly view.

You can download symbol tables from Microsoft's website (somewhere).
Last edited on
for a Hello World program or somthing so easy dont use Visual Studio. Visual Studio is for advanced users which creates programs to add them in really softwares or machines.
for ur "level" use Dev-C++ 4.9.9.2 or Borland C++ 3.1
for ur "level" use Dev-C++ 4.9.9.2 or Borland C++

Don't use Dev-C++ and Borland C++; these IDEs are very old. If you think that Visual Studio is too complicated, try CodeBlocks.
for a Hello World program or somthing so easy dont use Visual Studio
I disagree.
Visual Studio 2008 (at least) was the first IDE I learned to program on, and it was ridiculously easy as I remember. The only trip up might've been the many project templates, but hey... when in doubt, empty project. ;)

-Albatross
Last edited on
Im only doing a hello world program to check to see if the program works. Im going to be using VC++ for my Masters thesis.

i disagree with Don't use Dev-C++ and Borland C++; these IDEs are very old. If you think that Visual Studio is too complicated, try CodeBlocks. . I use dev-c++ and Borland. They saved me!?! i dont know how is for u. for me Dev C++ ROCKZ !?!
Have you tried CodeBlocks or VC++?
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.