Dev-C++ with DirectX

Hey. I would like to know if there's a way to be able to program with DirectX in Dev-C++. I've looked, and all the tutorials are either A) Bad, B) For a different compiler, or C) Non-existant. When I googled my problem, I just found a bunch of results of people trying to find out the same thing as me.

So, can you help me out? Is there a way to program with DirectX in Dev-C++?
Use VS 2008.
Dev-C++ is not used by professional programmers anymore.
(Comp. like Ubisoft use VS + DirectX...)
@george135: Errr, That's a terrible reply I am sorry to say.
Dev-C++ is not used by professional programmers anymore.

Dev-C++ was never designed as a professional programming IDE. It's a simple IDE designed for people who want to learn C++ or do basic projects. It is a very competent and sufficient IDE and serves it's purpose perfectly. There are other great IDEs that aren't VS2008 btw.

@VenomousNinja: Yes, you can use DirectX in Dev-C++. The best way to do this is to goto the WebUpdate component and see if they have a DevPak for the version of DirectX you want to work with. Otherwise try www.devpak.org.

Alternatively, you can study OpenGL as well. It has the same functionality and performance as DirectX and alot easier to start programming in too. OpenGL also gives you the opportunity to use multi-platform code, and multi-platform GUI Toolkits (useful when making level editors etc).

Have a look at www.ogre3d.org too.
Thanks Zaita.

George: I would've done exactly what you said ages ago, however, one problem: I have dial-up. I'm lucky enough to even have Dev-C++ and the DirectX SDK.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.