"Tricking" a Windows application

I need to "trick" an application to think its actually running on a 64-bit OS even though its not, is that possible? I already have my code checking for the OS version but I don't know how to do what I stated above. Can anyone lead me in the right direction or post some pseudocode?
As far as I know, x86 assembly is upwards compatible with x86_64, so what are you trying to accomplish? Why do you need to "trick" a program into thinking that it's running on a different platform than it actually is?

-Albatross
Its for my job, its because I need a certain app to not load a driver into mem. It has no 64bit capability so that would be the easiest way to me rather than hooking it.
what's the real world problem you are trying to solve?
i understand what you want, an emulator right!! anything is possible if you try hard, just code hard and practice, practice, practice make a man perfect:) :) never give up on what you love to do most. there are free source code for tricking windows,you can get some ideas on how to trick windows, a good example is dosbox, its an open source project. and you know what i love your
idea. keep up the good work.
good luck:) :)
Yeah peter wan anything is possible. It's possible for me to grab my ball point pen and rob the bank down the street this does not make it a good idea. The best way to fix this would be App-V as described in MS Application Compatability Toolkit, or a VM. All problems can eventually be solved by coding but NOT all problems should be.
+1 Computergeek01
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.