Problem with SQL Server 2008 install

Dear guys,

I just start to learn ASP.NET and i wanted to install the SQL server 2008, but i can't. I tried a lot of stupid way, read very much about problems, everything - really, but every time there is a problem. Sometimes there is an error message about voke/invoke calls (?), or just i have to restart the computer before the install - ok, but when i try to install after the reboot, i just get the same stuff about reboot, but every other requirement in the list is ok but that ******* reboot thing. When i open the installer .exe i get this well-known error message, it's like: after i installed the SQL Server 2008 i have to install the SQL Server 2008 SP1 to run the SQL Server 2005 in this operating system. It's sick. But i did not install the 2005 version. I have a Visual Studio 2008 Professional and it contains the SQL Server 2005 defaultly, but i choose not to install it, so i really don't understand what is this. I read a release note about what do i have to do when i have already installed the VS2008, but i haven't installed the SQL Server 2008 yet becouse that is that. First i have to install the VS SP1, and after that i have to uninstall the VS and install the SQL Server and after that (at this point i wanted to call Microsoft for a good talk, you know what i mean) install the VS and the VS SP1.

Ok, i installed the VS SP1 and uninstalled the VS but i get the same error message when i tried to install the SQL Server. Probably i should reinstall the whole OS but i have a lot of stuff so it's not too easy now.

So i think i will uninstall everything about VS and SQL Server, the SDK's and the others, but where should i start the install? With VS or with the SQL Server? And what about the error messages?

(I have and SQL Server 2008 Enterprise, but a tried with the Express version - the same errors)

And like always, sorry for my srewed English :) Thank you.

I hate to be stuck at the beginning.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.