Any way to make vs2008 to stop compiling after a certain number of errors?

Is there a property I can set that makes it stop building automatically after it passes something like 5 errors?
You can hit the "Break" command. But is it THAT important to stop after only a couple of errors? Especially if you have multiple source files.
Right now that's what I'm doing, but sometimes I get changes that cause hundreds of error, and the output area is flooded several pages down, of which then I'll have to scroll up to the top of to start reviewing the errors. It's just oftentimes, it is only the first several errors that cause the rest.

It's the action of having to scroll back up that's the nuisance.

Or is there a hotkey I can press that lets me automatically reach the top or focus on the first error?
Last edited on
Ctrl+Home is the standard "scroll to the top" hotkey. Should work on the error screen too as long as you have it in focus.
There is also a panel that is not enabled by default (I have no idea why) that will show you just the errors and warnings. View -> Other Windows -> Error Panel (Ctrl+\ Ctrl+E if you like shortcuts). It's a lot faster than just scrolling in the output window.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.