book list

Read the Petzold then the Richter. And MSDN.

Can someone provide specific titles for win32 api books by Petzold and Richter? Several titles are available on Amazon.

Thanks!
closed account (z05DSL3A)
“Programming Windows” by Charles Petzold

Synopsis
Look it up in Petzold remains the decisive last word in answering questions about Windows development. And in PROGRAMMING WINDOWS, FIFTH EDITION, the esteemed Windows Pioneer Award winner revises his classic text with authoritative coverage of the latest versions of the Windows operating system once again drilling down to the essential API heart of Win32 programming. Topics include: The basics input, output, dialog boxes An introduction to Unicode Graphics drawing, text and fonts, bitmaps and metafiles The kernel and the printer Sound and music Dynamic-link libraries Multitasking and multithreading The Multiple-Document Interface Programming for the Internet and intranets Packed as always with definitive examples, this newest Petzold delivers the ultimate sourcebook and tutorial for Windows programmers at all levels working with Microsoft; Windows 95, Windows 98, or Microsoft Windows NT;. No aspiring or experienced developer can afford to be without it. An electronic version of this book is available on the companion CD.

“Windows Via C/C++” by Jeffrey M. Richter , Christophe Nasarre

Synopsis
Get the preeminent guide to programming application for Windows with C++. Programming Applications for Microsoft Windows is a classic book (formerly titled Advanced Windows, Third Edition) and is now fully updated for Windows Vista, including the latest information about Windows XP. In-depth and comprehensive, this essential reference covers the Windows operating system and how to program at the API level. Recognized experts provide an inside view of how Windows works and how to use its features in Visual C++ development tasks. Topics covered include processes, thread pooling, virtual memory, DLLs, file I/O, and message crackers. For systems-level programmers, this is a must-have title. Includes code samples in Visual C++.

Last edited on
Thanks!! it has been long enough since I wrote that that I had forgotten all about it. Finally out of class for the summer and am ready to tackle learning the win32 api as a summer project.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.