libboost_system-vc90-mt-sgd-1_41.lib

Im making a simple lan chatting program to familiarize myself with the Windows API and with networking, however whenever i try to compile my code i get this error

1>------ Build started: Project: LanTalk, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>Compiling...
1>LanTalk.cpp
1>Please define _WIN32_WINNT or _WIN32_WINDOWS appropriately. For example:
1>- add -D_WIN32_WINNT=0x0501 to the compiler command line; or
1>- add _WIN32_WINNT=0x0501 to your project's Preprocessor Definitions.
1>Assuming _WIN32_WINNT=0x0501 (i.e. Windows XP target).
1>d:\christian\my documents\visual studio 2008\projects\lantalk\lantalk\server.h(142) : warning C4390: ';' : empty controlled statement found; is this the intent?
1>d:\christian\my documents\visual studio 2008\projects\lantalk\lantalk\client.h(113) : warning C4390: ';' : empty controlled statement found; is this the intent?
1>Linking...
1>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'libboost_system-vc90-mt-sgd-1_41.lib'
1>Build log was saved at "file://d:\Christian\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\LanTalk\LanTalk\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
1>LanTalk - 1 error(s), 2 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

ok so obviously it can't open libboost_system-vc90-mt-sgd-1_41.lib but this file doesn't exist for boost... i have done searches in google, redownloaded and built Boost and this file has yet to show itself.....
So i got a Linker failing at linking to an imaginary file... wonderful. can anyone lend me a hand here?

also when compiling everything as a console application, everything works just fine, just when i introduce some Windows API code and start building a GUI does this file appear to be needed..
nobody?
with a lot more research i was able to figure this out.

here is what i found for anyone else that may someday have this problem.

http://old.nabble.com/Build-statically-linked-boost-libs-*-vc90-mt-sgd.lib-td16301103.html

simple.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.