Creating more than 1 name for an application

Hi,

I have an application that is created with Microsoft Visual C++ .Net 2003 and I would like to know how to have two sets of resources in my project and compile my project using only one of them (only have one set of the resources to be active). For example my current application is called "A" and I would like to create a second set of resources where I will modify some of the text in the dialogs and icons and call the application "B". What I want to be able to do is in the Configuration manager dialog in Visual C++, I want it to be able to compile "A Debug", "A Release" using the "A" resource file and the "B Debug", "B Release" using the "B" resource file.

To clarify, I am creating both applications for the same language (i.e English), just the application name, some text and icons will be modified.

How do I go about doing this?
comment out the unwanted code
I can't get the blasted thing to install on my computer, so I can't give you details..

What you want to do is part of the build process. You will have to modify your project file to add the appropriate directories and #defines to your project when compiling.

Perhaps someone here familiar with VS can give you more details.
I don't think there is a way to do this without creating multiple projects. You could just tell the second project to use the same files (use the add existing file dialog), and just give it a different resource file.
I think not!
closed account (z05DSL3A)
maybe:
TN035: Using Multiple Resource Files and Header Files with Visual C++
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/6t3612sk(VS.71).aspx
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.