QT vs VC++

Hi there.i have a few questions about QT and VC++.i decide learning GUI programming.but i need some recommendation.Which does it more performance ?
The VC++ with MFC (GUI) is deprecated. Nowadays you can write GUI program VC++ with .NET . However if you want to write .NET code I suggest you learn c# and .NET.

BUT if you want to stay c++ line, I suggest you learn QT (with qtcreator). It is very good although the slot mechanism is a bit complicated.

Finally my advise is that you learn both :)
Thank you very much.i think QT more natural than VC++. Perhaps i learn both future :)
closed account (z05DSL3A)
The VC++ with MFC (GUI) is deprecated.

What gives you that idea?
hi dear

best idea to learn Download open source sode and Undertsand step by step
and refer post articals in code project .
Your question has no sense.
QT has nothing to do with VC++
QT is a library, VC++ (VS) is an IDE.
In Europe, QT is (quasi) not used.
But all the Big Companies have VS licences...
What gives you that idea?

Firstly the MS wants you to forget the MFC because the VS Express doesn't contain it. In my opinion the purpose of MS is that you use the fresh .NET (which is included in Vista & Win7).
And it is possible, that MS wants to write their future operating system only in .NET

Secondly I coded the MFC and it isn't an oop! It is event oriented. Rather ugly.
That doesn't mean it's deprecated.
closed account (z05DSL3A)
Firstly the MS wants you to forget the MFC because the VS Express doesn't contain it.

As far as I remember, the lower level editions of VC have never had MFC with them.

The VS 2008 version (MFC 9) has been tweaked a bit, not somthing they would do to a deprecated framework.

Yes, Microsoft want you to use .net, it has a lower skill level and ties the developer who only learn to use it to Microsoft.

And it is possible, that MS wants to write their future operating system only in .NET

I suppose anything is possible, but as the .net framework sits on top of all those Windows APIs/technologies, there would have to be one hell of a rewrite of the .net framework.
The QT and .NET API is much better then MFC in my opinion. (I used several years ago.. Was it developed by MS since then? For example it supports the new picture formats? Or can you set the background color of an edit box with property?)

Yes, Microsoft want you to use .net, it has a lower skill level and ties the developer who only learn to use it to Microsoft.

I agree with you.

I suppose anything is possible, but as the .net framework sits on top of all those Windows APIs/technologies, there would have to be one hell of a rewrite of the .net framework.

It is in progress. Lot of win32 API function was translated to .NET API function.

Form midori:
http://www.sdtimes.com/link/32627

Midori’s applications would be created using .NET languages that will be compiled to native code using the Bartok compiler and runtime system, which is presently a Microsoft Search project.

Bye
thanks for advice and your thinking
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.