Direct3D8 Debug

Hi again!I've installed DX SDK 8 and I had a few problems with a basic Window programming and displaying surfaces.I solved the problems,although it took me 6 hours to do it.My question is how do I get messages like these for example:

Direct3D8 (ERROR): .....smth...
Direct3D8 (ERROR): example...some kind of error...

When I compile my code for example there are no linking errors or warnings or some kind of other errors and when I run my program it displays a send / don't send error message.
So I want to know how to produce such messages in the example above so that it could be easier for me to solve problems with SDK of any version?I tried "Build->Start Debug->Go" but no use since I can't find messages like these above...Hope you understand what I want to know - that is,where to find these error messages (sorry for the huge explanation) :)
Oh right,almost forgot - I'm with VC ++ 6
Last edited on
u mean something like this?
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb173034(VS.85).aspx

switch to D3D9 :P...
Well yes...that should do the job.Now how to use them - isn't there any example code?
Hint 1: Do You know the Macros FAILED() and SUCCEED()?...
Hint 2: Do You know, that nearly all DX-Functions/Methods return HRESULT?...
2.1: Did U read the functions and macros´ descriptions?:P...
1.Yes, I know about them and I use them!
2.Of course.
2.1 The descriptions have only the prototypes, but as I can see you suggest that that's even more than enough ;D Well, thanks then :)
If i use the reference, i linked to above and look at the functions descriptions, i read something like
Returns a string that describes a DirectX HRESULT value.
for example :P...

You´re welcome:)...
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.