Graphic C++ Game

Hi I would like to make a game with C++ but with graphics I just want to know how to do this I know There is the Windows GUI I could use you know drawing and manipulating pictures in windows and OpenGL and DirectX but How do these things work what are they do they just talk to the screen and draw things on it and if so shouldn't I be able to just write a C++ program to talk to the screen would I need to use these things listed could I do it my self with out them I mean I thought DirectX was just a bunch of code that talks to my graphics card and moniter so if this is true could I write my own code to do it and what is OpenGL is it also just a bunch of code that talks to my moniter and graphics card Im not saying I want to write code to do this I just want to know if I could and understand more about each of these ways of drawing things to the screen how do they do it could I possibly make my own directX or OpenGL how do they work are they just bunches of code and which would be the easiest to use or learn I would guess the Windows GUI but I have not yet learned the WINAPI and I have something called Allegro how does this work does it just simplify the Windows GUI I know its a library so mabey a bunch of code to make it simpler or does it have its own method of drawing to the screen that is different from the things listed I just want to know how it works please if you can fill me in. Thank You!
LOL!

I used the Find function of FireFox and I searched for periods. There is only one period just before "Thank you!". hahaha

By the way, I did not read it either.
Last edited on
Ok I am sorry I didn't make it readable but I did this post and the other in the General forum a like 11:00 at night so give me a break. If you don't read it thats find but I honestly don't really feel like rewriting it. Thanks Anyway.
why to use this forum if u dont want to get the answer?...
I did originally but since no one will read it, it doesn't really matter. It was answered in another post anyway.
"Give me a break"

Don't get snappy. These people don't owe you any help. They do it out of a willingness to help others along. So don't act like it's paid support and you aren't getting your money's worth.

If I misinterpreted that, I'm sorry...
Qwerty2... if you expect help from the forum, show some respect and at least put forth the effort and ensure your post is legible.
honestly i wansnt trying to be snappy just answering that guys question how did you come to that from the text it doesnt sound disrespectfull?

it really amazes me that you think you can detect sarcazm in text.
Last edited on
For what it's worth, Qwerty2, I didn't think you were being disrespectful.

EDIT: I'm also glad to see you're making the effort to make your posts readable. A little formatting goes such a long way. Thank you. =)
Last edited on
i just want to point out:

-Qwerty, learn to make people actually want to read it....

-Disch, lol you made me laugh with your first post xD

-chrisname, i think you did misinterpret that O.o

i would say something but i can tell return 0 has already done that for me

-Shane :D
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.