what free shareware GUI to use for Windows ?

Hi,

I've been writing some C codes using gcc in the UNIX environment but have limited experience on the Windows environment. I figure I can still write with gcc in Windows. But I'm not familiar with GUI in Windows.

I would like to use a free shareware GUI for Windows that will allow me to do the following, with the following criteria:

1) a GUI that's easy to learn, use, and easy to set up
2) a GUI that can easily tie in with my gcc program
3) I want to use the GUI interface to prompt the users to enter in values
4) if they enter invalid values, the GUI can pop up a message, telling why it's an incorrect value, or pop up some sort of error message
5) after they enter in a set of values on that initial screen, then the user clicks on an execute button, then, possibly a few more windows will pop up, and depending what they initially entered in on the first screen, a few more screens will pop up, prompting them to enter in a few more values, and that's it
6) after they execute each screen, those values are then outputted into a file for me, then, somehow at the end after the user finishes entering values, the C program is called up, so that my C program will pick up that data, and then, the C program will do what it needs to do with all those inputted values entered by the user
7) when the C program finishes its execution, it will use that GUI to pop up the results to the screen and inform the user it's completed

Here's my question:

What free shareware GUI for Windows will best achieve this for me? Please advise. Thank you.
If you used cross platform GUI libraries on Unix, you can use them on Windows as well.
If you want Windows specific stuff, use Windows API which can do almost everything Windows can.
For documentation on it refer to MSDN http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms632587%28VS.85%29.aspx
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.