WIN 32 GUI

So this morning i have decided to jump into Windows Programming and my task today is to create a fully functional GUI. So far i have created the Window and a few Control Object. But When i try to create a WM_COMMAND and input different functions for that control the window destroys the object is Clicked. I know that I am Missing Something To keep the Window Alive, you guys have any ideas?
Last edited on
Im Officially Retarted, I forgot a stupid break; in my Command so it was destroying the window in the next case. My Bad On this wasted thread. PEace
Or is the switch statement retarded?
A little bit of both lol
Sometimes, no "break" between both "case" is usefully.
closed account (S6k9GNh0)
I wonder why they simply didn't make break; the default and have continue be used if you want it to go on.
Last edited on
Semantics.

A case label is just that: a label. Nothing more than a glorified goto target. Hence, the break keyword allows you to exit the current switch block.

The thing that gets me is when you want to break a loop when in a switch block -- something that is very common, but obnoxious to do without people jumping down your throat. "Oh no! You used 'goto': You must be insane and/or evil! *run away horribly screaming*"

LOL.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.