can a no entry point dll debug by VS2008

can a no entry point dll debug by VS 2008

no entry point = no main(), but it have dllmain()

forgive me haven't perform before asking, as the dll have compile success~ ~
Last edited on
you can debug any dll even if it doesnt have an entry point.. you just need to compile the dll in debug mode.
THANKS FOR writetonsharma

i am using vc++ 2008 express, how to compile it in debug mode, i just press f7 after finish the .cpp

actually , my dll is start by a .exe call,
and the .exe sending some data to dll to do some calculation

if i run the dll in debug mode, that means i should run the exe first (i haven't exe source code)~ ~

does it mean the exe will wait until i have finish the debug mode?

thanks again
Last edited on
additionally, i don't undestand the file structure of vs 2008

i have a project call angry, and in my_doc\vs\angry
there are 1 angry in above angry directory, and those 2 angry folder have a debug folder inside it~ ~

it's numerous-->DIZZY~ ~

hich is not the debug file, i afraid i give it to the client, that will let them wait longly until they die~ ~ :)
i am using vc++ 2008 express, how to compile it in debug mode, i just press f7 after finish the .cpp

when you create any project in vc++ you get debug and release setting by default. go in build->set active congiguration. make it debug( it will be debug by default). and yes as you said do a F7.

if i run the dll in debug mode, that means i should run the exe first (i haven't exe source code)~ ~

when you do a F5, it will ask for the .exe file, give it the path of the .exe file and set a break point in the function which the .exe file calls in the .dll. when the break point hit as the .exe calls the function in dll, you can start debugging. thats it.

additionally, i don't undestand the file structure of vs 2008

what does this mean.?

hope this what you want.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.