UNIX/Linux Programming - November 2022

by t im
Can select use ET mode?

Several blogs tell me that only LT mode can be used in select while both LT and ET mode can be used in epoll. I wonder why ET mode cannot be used in select. ...
[2 replies] Last: Sorry for no references and thanks for your helpful reply. (by t im)
How to merge two partitions by using gdisk

How to merge two partitions, one is system, the lower offset, and the other destroyable content, the adjacent higher offset, by using gdisk (preferably if none ...
[3 replies] Last: Lets try analogous C++ case: char disk ; // The disk is an array of "... (by keskiverto)
How to Change ncurses window(pad) size?

Is there a way to change the maximum size of a window in ncurses ?
[3 replies] Last: Sorry been a little busy recently, but basically I meant a virtual win... (by highwayman)
Virtual memory assigned to my program

Hi everyone! I´ve got an application which periodically request for some GB of memory, and after some work is done, they are released. When I check the v...
[7 replies] Last: The application has been working for several days and the physical mem... (by Alejandro Antonio)
by t im
About pthread_detach()

I'm new to pthread and confused about the code below: #include <pthread.h> #include <iostream> #include <string.h> void* thr_fn1(void* arg) { printf...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks for all your answer. Get it. (by t im)
by helios
Detached threads

If main() returns while some threads are still running, what happens? Does the process simply end, killing those threads, or does it continue running until all ...
[9 replies] Last: The example on the cppref site is interesting. Thanks ++ (by Geckoo)
  Archived months: [oct2022] [dec2022]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.