UNIX/Linux Programming - May 2022

return-statement with a value, in function returning 'void' [-fpermissive]

Im trying to connect postgresql db from my server which has ubuntu 18.04 I have the code below but when i compile it I get the error return-statement with ...
[3 replies] Last: Amazing tutorial! This is exactly the type of post we like to see on t... (by Terrance4933)
Linux Kernel Compiltaion Fails Without Error

Hi I am trying to add new system call to linux kernel but it fails without giving me any error here is the last lines before it stops. My Kernel Version: 5.15....
[1 reply] : Try make V=1 to enable more verbose output. (by kigar64551)
how to execute update query with PQexec?

I have the code below for update query. It works but it doesnt update the table. my line if (PQresultStatus(res) == PGRES_TUPLES_OK) { ...
[3 replies] Last: Sod please , suslucoder, Learn to use code tags, they make re... (by George P)
cannot convert ‘std::__cxx11::basic_string<char>’ to ‘const char*’ for argument ‘2’ to ‘PGresult*

I have ubuntu 18.04 and postgresql 14. I have a c++ code below. Im a executing a query and want to get one specfic column. Here is my code: PGconn *conn; PGre...
[3 replies] Last: thank you so much. my problem solved. (by suslucoder)
by K9WG
Playing MP3 files

A little background. Several years ago I developed a player for MP3 files. This was to accommodate a large collection of CDs and I designed it to catalog the fi...
[6 replies] Last: Even though audio support in Linux is provided by ALSA (Advanced Lin... (by kigar64551)
How much RAM does my code need?

Good evening! I want to run an mpi C++ code on a cluster node with N cores. Each mpi process needs 1 core. The node's memory will be evenly distributed over th...
[15 replies] Last: Thanks for sharing such a helpful instruction, really appreciate for y... (by johnny5947)
  Archived months: [apr2022] [jun2022]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.