UNIX/Linux Programming - January 2022

Duplicate one's git repo for a new same purpose but in another PL

How is the easiest way for one to duplicate his git repo for a new same purpose or creation but will be coded using another programming language ?
[3 replies] Last: If you release a particular version, do you do it per language or does... (by kbw)
Suggest network/graphics library to take website "screenshots"

Dear forum members, I'm looking for some network/graphics library to take website "screenshot". I want to add an option to my future program (working on Lin...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you, salem c. I will try to understand this software. (by spistol)
system with variable

Hello! Need to take variable char or string data and make system call as per above. Please advise const char key = "echo -n '3. Current Directory is '; pw...
[1 reply] : Don't double-post. Use your thread in the Beginners' Section. (by lastchance)
Linker trouble with g++

Hey there, I've been working on a small Terminal-Snake Program to better understand C++. This project was started off with just a crude outline of what it would...
[2 replies] Last: ll three of these need to match. Oh thank you I didn't even notice t... (by UltraBlack)
by Weasel
Installing KDE on different drive

Hello, I've run out of space on my boot disk and so I have added 1TB of portable storage. How can I install KDE on this portable storage ? Thanks Weas...
[6 replies] Last: I would be very careful about installing OS components (like KDE) on a... (by jlb)
Suckless patching, static variable in header (C)

Note: C programming language question I was trying to apply a patch to a suckless program and came across an error where the compiler did not recognize the sta...
[1 reply] : config.h is such a common name, are you sure you're including the one ... (by salem c)
by iissim
How to use shared library on Linux by C++?

Hi all. At first, thank for yours Tutorial, read several times, I even understood half of it, but I don't memorized it yet. My wish - make one webpage, if i...
[12 replies] Last: New question? Please use a new thread. (by kbw)
Unexpected compile error on Raspberry Pi

ve been developing a C++ application designated to work on Linux SO, I've tested my application on Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS, Kali GNU/Linux Rolling 2021.3 and it work...
[3 replies] Last: If you're passing in -std=c++17, how come all the linker errors are r... (by kbw)
  Archived months: [dec2021] [feb2022]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.