How to install gcc-4.3.2

Hi,

I am trying to install gcc-4.3.2. I have downloded the file gcc-g++-4.3.2.tar.gz. I have extracted the file. It consists 2 folder gcc and libstdc++-v3, But i couldn't find the file for gcc command.

Anybody can suggest me where it is available.

It has "install" folder also. It consists install-sh. I could not execute this shell script.

I am not sure about installation steps in linux.

Please help me to install GCC4.3.2 in linux.
Most distros now will come with a package management system that will download and install a pre-compiled binary for you.

e.g SuSe has YAST (Under Computer Menu it's called "Install Software"). Debian has apt-get and Ubuntu has it's own one.

I wouldn't recommend downloading and compiling from source. Given your question your experience in *nix seems very limited.
Hi Zaita ,
Thanks for your information. I am new to linux environment, so i am not aware of gcc in linux. Now i am using g++296 compiler which is available in the linux by defulat. It is goign good.

Thanks....
hi,
i am using GNU MP in my program and i have to intialise floating tye array. when i used "mpf_array_init(<array_name>, <size>,<bits>) " it gave an error. I couldn find the initialization in the manual.
pls can anyone tell me how to initialise a floating point array in GNU MP.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.