I am a starter to use C++ in Linux Platform.How to start?

Hi,my dear friends
I am a starter to use C++ in Linux Platform.How to start?My plain as follows
first ,I will learn more about c++ .reading more books, <c++ primer><Essential C++>etc
second,I will learn development tools,like gcc , gdb , ddd ,vi/vim ,Make etc
third,I should study STL to enrich my C++
the last,I think I should know more about Linux Kernel Architect ,and Linux system layout and Linux network ,use more knowledge about Linux to help my c++ development in Linux platform

Above all are my personal plain , I know there are more Not practical.
I need your suggestions ,Thanks again.
Once you have a decent grasp of the language and the build environment, just write programs.
You'll automatically learn everything you need to know along the way.
First get use to environment with going through "vi" editor and compiler options.
start enjoy working with commands of unix. Then go for detail..........Other wise you will not like working with commands.
I can use vi editor and gcc/g++ ,make of course in my development,and use the c++. but my more experiences are from Windows platform, I want get more effective way to build my development skill in Linux platform .How to do ? Thanks
Last edited on
PowerLinux wrote:
I want get more effective way to build my development skill in Linux platform .How to do ?

Athar wrote:
just write programs.

For obvious reasons, there is no better way than that.
thanks for your help , my friend Athar
Do you know Anjuta? It's a good IDE for developer on Linux. And you can use Glade (GTK) to design the GUI of your projects. With these tools you'll have an easy start.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.