Lounge - June 2016

Admin Activeness

Hey guys, this post actually has to do with the reporting lately. So I was wondering, how active IS Twicker on this website? I mean, look at all the recent re...
[6 replies] Last: What is so hard to understand that some people are sphincters? (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
Will Software Engineering still be in demand in the future?

Hello, just out of curiosity. It seems like software engineering is on high demand in almost every country in the world. I have been checking out several countr...
[4 replies] Last: who reported yawzheek... (by RUNNER PRO AGARIO)
brexit

wow!
[7 replies] Last: I guess that's a good example what stupidity can achieve. If somethin... (by coder777)
What do you want to be in C++ 17 (1,2)

I was wondering what you would want to see be added to the C++ 17 standard. I would like to see auto functions/auto parameters I think it would be pretty cool. ...
[22 replies] Last: the winning lotto number! Not so valuable divided by the millions ... (by TheIdeasMan)
Helpful websites for learning Assembly Language?

Anything out there? Any good Youtubers, websites, etc. for learning assembly language? I am taking a college course in assembly this fall so I wanted to tak...
[2 replies] Last: This question gets asked rather often here, so you could try searching... (by Danny Toledo)
simple projects to help learn how to code

One of the hardest thing about learning how to program (or teaching someone how to program) is having simple, clear projects that can be completed and are a bit...
[9 replies] Last: Well every programming book has exercises that could be used to get on... (by BHX)
API for Android Data Backup?

I am still learning C++ and QT for my own. Right now, I am planning to build a data backup app for Android, such as contacts, text messages. I find this kind of...
[4 replies] Last: You can see how it works http://www.mobiledic.com/android-topic/trans... (by X00btine)
List Of Way To Get Total Memory On Each Kind Of Computer

I want to have a totally cross-platform way of getting what the maximum value a pointer could have on the computer the program is running on at that specific po...
[14 replies] Last: pointer_to_element = pointer_to_head + index_of_element If index_of_el... (by helios)
Recommend any 2D Game Library or Engine?

What cross platform mobile 2D game development libraries or engine would ye recommend? Preferably using the MIT license or something similar. I've tried SFML...
[6 replies] Last: @programmer007 Much much easier to setup than cocos2d-x. Much. _____... (by ChajusSaib)
HELP PLEASE

I have this assignment, I've been trying to complete it for ages, but I'm pretty confused. I know it's really basic and I'm sure you guys could do it pretty eas...
[1 reply] : Build a man a fire and keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire ... (by ivancppf)
Tutorials for Beginners to learn Programming

Hi I have listed few tutorial sites for beginners to learn Programming.. C Programming http://fresh2refresh.com/ C++ Programming http://www.cplusplus...
[4 replies] Last: Think one of the hardest thing to do once you get beyond basic syntax ... (by ivancppf)
Your Stupidest Ideas

A place where you post your dumb ideas that you don't have the ability to finish but hope someone else might be able to play around with it... Not quite a r...
[4 replies] Last: In 1999 or 2000 I wrote an implementation of Pong that ran in a browse... (by ivancppf)
Advanced Audio Manipulation Algorithims Resource

I am looking for a site when I can find links to or webpages on algorithms relating to advanced audio manipulation (if possible, some examples in c++) . What...
[3 replies] Last: RealGiganitris, I am very intrigued about your wonderful idea, I have ... (by da peppester)
Programmer jokes

A programmer is going to the grocery store and his wife tells him, "Buy a gallon of milk, and if there are eggs, buy a dozen." So the programmer goes, buys ever...
[10 replies] Last: void fast_function() { // the key to making code fast is to // to hav... (by TheIdeasMan)
MSDN Magazine Article - Windows Credentials API

I ran across a reply Duoas made to an article written back in 2008: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/articles/6046/#msg27662 Well, the link no longer goes to ...
[7 replies] Last: Duoas, thank you for confirming where the article is! :) (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
Interesting C++ blog

I found this blog rather interesting reading, some of it is about C++17 https://akrzemi1.wordpress.com/
[no replies]
Forum topic editor not working correctly

The new topic editor page doesn't seem to be working correctly. I'm using Google Chrome 49.0.2623.112. The format buttons do nothing when I click them. However,...
[2 replies] Last: Create an empty one and edit it later. (by ne555)
quick question...

i have a quick question real quick on a message i keep seeing on the forums and why it keeps getting reported. Could some one please shed some light on this. ...
[2 replies] Last: is it really help though... (by marty1123)
  Archived months: [may2016] [jul2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.