Lounge - February 2021

Voxel Unity

This puzzle is to figure out what is the best rendering pipeline for Voxel Engine implemented via Unity. One major advantage of Voxel based engines is that the...
[1 reply] : a few keywords you may want to google: "point cloud' and maybe 'lidar ... (by jonnin)
by JRManx
HTML font-changes with CSS

I've been teaching myself HTML to make web pages, and I just started to delve into CSS as well, because the two almost always go hand-in-hand (according to vari...
[3 replies] Last: Document, yes thank you @helios. @Ganado, I think I made a mistake wi... (by JRManx)
Hi,everyone here from all around the world.

I am a newbie in programming and not a native English speaker. I have studied C++ here over one month. Because my mother tongue is not English and all tea...
[4 replies] Last: I use C++ to read/write binary files. I like binary files because the... (by JRManx)
by JRManx
HTML table with C++

Hi! I'm trying to use C++ to print HTML code for a table to a file, then open it for viewing (in a web browser or something that can read HTML). Here's what I'v...
[2 replies] Last: I figured since it used HTML it belonged in the lounge...but ok. No n... (by JRManx)
by helios
Keyboards

What are you using these days? I'm using this at home: https://i.redd.it/7ryh7z1rioh01.jpg (HyperX Alloy FPS, with Cherry MX Blue switches) and this at work: ...
[7 replies] Last: I prefer a split keyboard like the microsoft 4000, but the key legends... (by dhayden)
C++ Weekly - Exploring and Reviewing F', The Mars Ingenuity Flight Software

C++ Weekly - Exploring and Reviewing F', The Mars Ingenuity Flight Software https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbhufLudVsI
[no replies]
The journey to fun continues...with a Makefile...and Linux

Hello again, This might be a bit of a ramble but feel free to chip in with any advice if I forget to specifically ask. :0) So back in January I said I was com...
[8 replies] Last: I use Macromates' TextMate application to write and edit code, and LLV... (by JRManx)
Basic algebra question/observation

Hi guys, SO I've come to ask a simple math question, the answer doesn't perplex me but rather surprises me slightly. so (k/6)(k+1)(2k+1) = (k+1/6)(k)(2k+...
[10 replies] Last: You moved the division, yes, but the way you did it doesn't emphasize ... (by helios)
Updated Dev-C++

Dev-C++ seems to be a popular IDE, there are at least two updated versions available. 1. Red Panda Dev-C++, V 6.4 beta 3: https://royqh.net/devcpp-en/ Bundle...
[1 reply] : I didn't check if the newer Dev-C++ versions allowed for compiling wit... (by George P)
C++ – an Invisible Foundation of Everything

C++ – an Invisible Foundation of Everything What is C++ and why do people still use it? Bjarne Stroustup provides a short note answering these questions. R...
[3 replies] Last: The "Afterwood" article mentions the "Lemmings" game written in DHTML.... (by George P)
hi,guys. I love you. I have just finished the tutorial finally!

Hi,guys. I have just finished the tutorial finally! It is really a little long journey. The reason why I study programming is to hack games,and there is a ...
[no replies]
Applications of Heaps(Anecdotal perspective)

Hi guys, My favorite data structure is probably a heap, although I've never implemented it in a proper project rather small beginner programs. From past expe...
[6 replies] Last: The only time I used a heap was to implement a priority queue in a sim... (by dhayden)
by thmm
C++ without exceptions

At a talk at CppCon I heard that 52% of professional developers are not allowed to use exceptions in their code. Is somebody here who belongs to this group? H...
[2 replies] Last: That makes sense, thanks. (by thmm)
  Archived months: [jan2021] [mar2021]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.