Girl Problems

Pages: 12
atropos wrote:
ModShop wrote:
...being with a local girl that I love less but is local, or being with a girl I love more but who is far away...

Shakespeare wrote:
Absence makes the heart grow fonder...

Do you think it's possible that the physical distance you and your girlfriend has anything to do with your greater love for her?

Most certainly! Me and her have actually had conversations about that quote specifically.

Duoas wrote:
A word of advice: long distance relationships* very rarely work out. If you want to keep it, you'll need to figure out a way to get back in proximity to each other on a more permanent basis.

This is another reason why I'm not entirely sure if staying with her is a good call. I don't want to waste my time, or hers, in something that won't even work out...

Framework wrote:
You're in a trade-off situation, then? These are difficult to deal with and require careful consideration. Since you're more attracted to the distant lass, the distance between you two shouldn't be an issue. If she, too, feels distance is a lesser strain, then it's all gravy.

If your relationship with the distant lass means so much to you, show her just how much you care for her by pushing for more visits. By showing your dedication to the relationship, she'll see the distance as a mere setback, and so will you. As long as you keep in contact, it's all too possible to maintain a healthy relationship.

ModShop wrote:
"Right now I'm essentially trying to figure out what matters more to me;"

It takes two to have a relationship. Include her thoughts and feelings, too.

P.S: I hope things plan out for you.

Thanks man, I hope so too... I'll have a talk with her about this, and I'll see what she thinks. Right now I'm kind of leaning towards breaking up with her, I don't think maintaining a long distance relationship right now is going to be good for either of us, especially at our ages.

Thanks for all the help everyone!
Last edited on
I wonder how many thought Modshop was a girl having girly "problems", from this thread's title.
Catfish wrote:
I wonder how many thought Modshop was a girl having girly "problems", from this thread's title.
Nah, it was just a fight with his moby dick
Due to the demographic, that never crossed my mind. Sad, really.

^ HA

Mod - Remember that if you two split, that doesn't mean you couldn't be together again in the future. The distance just isn't good for either of you right now.
Last edited on
coder777 wrote:

Yes, but that's a whole other issue....

NGen wrote:
Mod - Remember that if you two split, that doesn't mean you couldn't be together again in the future. The distance just isn't good for either of you right now.

Yeah, I suppose that's true. Thanks!
I'm not the best person to ask because my wife lived in southern Indiana while I lived in central Indiana. I met her online and after a brief time talking, something just clicked and I knew I wanted to grow old with her. I moved the distance, proposed, and this past Thursday (May 24) we celebrated our 9 yr wedding anniversary. We will celebrate our 11 year anniversary for being together in August and I don't regret a thing. The only advice I can give you is follow your heart, only you know deep down who you want to truly be with out of the two, pick and then try everyday to make it work.
Last edited on by closed account z6A9GNh0
@BHXSpecter: Thanks for that, your story is really inspiring. I'll try and find out what the heck my heart is saying :p
Hey Modshop, are there any news? what did you do? I just wanted to add two things. I made the experience that you have to have really strong feeling sfor each other to make it through a long distance relationship, otherwise you'll fall for someone else who is closer or cheat on your partner eventually.
Quite often you even just think that you fall for someone else just because this person is closer to you and you enjoy the attention and the physical contact - and I don't even mean it in a sexual way.

But don't throw away a relationship that is worth fighting for. i did it and I still regret it.
Is there any chance that it won't be long distance anymore in the near future?

all the best for you,

Beammeup
Aye, I ended it with the long distance girl. There was no chance it was ever going to not be long distance, so I figured that I should end it now and not let it carry on any further, causing more harm. As for the local girl.... well that's an interesting story. Apparently things went really bad with her last boyfriend, so she's not ready to date again :/ I plan on dating around until she feels ready again, maybe I'll meet someone special.
Oh, I'm sorry that it didn't work with both girls. If you didnt have strong feelings for the long distance girl you definitely made the right decision. I hope she is ok - I mean, I guess you hurt her with your decision but maybe she felt the same way.

Good luck with everything - i'm sure you'll find someone special some day!

Beammeup
Run this. It's the best way to do it.

#include <iostream>
#include <sstream>
#include <ctime>

using namespace std;

class Girlfriend {
private: 
	string name;
	int num;
public:
	Girlfriend(string name, int num) {
		this->name = name;
		this->num = num;
	}

string getName() {
		return this->name;
	}

int getNum() {
		return this->num;
	}
};

int main() {

srand(time(NULL));

string girl_1, girl_2;
	cout << "Girl 1's name: ";
	getline(cin, girl_1);
	cout << "Girl 2's name: ";
	getline(cin, girl_2);

Girlfriend g1(girl_1, 1);
	Girlfriend g2(girl_2, 2);

int winner = rand()%(3-1)+1;
	cout << "The winning girlfriend is: " << ((winner == 1) ? g1.getName() : g2.getName()) << endl;
} 
Last edited on
Girl Problems: solved :P
Good luck with everything - i'm sure you'll find someone special some day!

You should keep that positive thinking for yourself!
Throwing in my 2 cents, if nothing works and it all falls apart, I'm sure spoonlicker'd be glad to help you out :)
[/insensitive jackass moment]

Seriously, hope it all works out.
Thanks guys! I hope it all works out too....
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.
Pages: 12