2D art

I plan on making a 2d game for the xbox live indie section once I finish university in a couple of weeks, however my artistic ability leaves a lot to be desired. Is anyone interested or knows someone who would be interested in making 2d sprites for me? I haven't decided what the game will be yet so I'm also open to ideas.

Thanks.
I suggest that you to be use in allegro 4.2 Mingw to make a 2d game is better.
In dev-c++ would not be nicer than allegro!
When I get round to making my 2D game (SFML), I'll be screwed with regard to art as well :/

Out of a matter of interest, which library will you be using? Is XNA compulsory for XBox?
I don't know about it being compulsary but it's what I'll be using, it'll save me a lot of time.
You can find a way around this.
a) Do it in 3d. I find modeling more simple than drawing. Especially animations and especially if you suck at it.
b) Adopt a ridiculously simple style. Like Darwinia, etc. You can even evade drawing at all if you manage to have all the simple animations drawn at run time.
c) You could do it the Mortal Kombat way. Take pictures of real people and places.
Last edited on
closed account (3hM2Nwbp)
Google Image has search filters on media licensed for free commercial reuse. That is if you're as artistically inept as I am.
I'd be up for it, however little time I have... I have less than an hour a day to devote to my own programming...
Cool well I'll get back to you when I start the project and see if you have time =)
You could also find a more appropriate forum..
A quick googling gave me http://www.game-artist.net/forums/hiring-mods-volunteers/
Though I suppose you should first decide what you are going to make.
Luckily for you guys, good graphics aren't everything. Hell, just look at Minecraft, not exactly artistic beauty at its best.
closed account (1yR4jE8b)
That depends on what you consider "artistic beauty".
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.