Zombie Apocalypse

Pages: 12
I know you all thought about this at least once in your lives, time to share. :P What would you do if there'd be a zombie breakout?

I'd probably stock up and hold out in our house or drive to some evacuation spot which is claimed to be "safe". I'd take my trusty weapons with me, too. (No guns, they are for wussies, nunchakus and tonfas are the real deal. :P)
Last edited on
If there was a zombie apocalypse, I'd become a necromancer.

-Albatross
If there was a zombie apocalypse, I'd become a retribution paladin :D
If there was a zombie apocalypse, I'd become a zombie.

Just being realistic here.
One could commit suicide rather than contribute to the problem.
O.o I would have a good excuse hit you with a flamethrower, chrisname? Okay, I'm heading off to the planning center right now!

-Albatross
Albatross wrote:
O.o I would have a good excuse hit you with a flamethrower, chrisname?

Why kill him when you can control him? (you're a necromancer, remember?)
Wait, don't I get a say in this?

If it wasn't basically assured that I would be a zombie, here's what I'd do:
1. Grab a knife from the kitchen (I have one in mind), as unfortunately that's the most potent weapon in my house
2. Leave the house
3. Steal a car (in the event of a zombie apocalypse, everyone is instantly granted the ability to open most car locks and hotwire all ignition systems)
4. Drive to nearest military base (Fort Halstead is pretty close)
5. If the inhabitants are not zombies, ask for refuge and goto 9. If they are, run over a bunch of soldiers and steal a tank and some guns
6. Drive to a supermarket to stock up on food
7. Drive to the nearest naval base. If the inhabitants are not zombies, ask for refuge and goto 9. If they are, run over/shoot a bunch of sailors and steal an aircraft carrier
8. Sail to the middle of the Atlantic or Pacific ocean (whichever is bigger, I forgot)
9. exit(EXIT_SUCCESS)

Edit: I forgot to mention, after a zombie apocalypse, everyone is also able to drive all types of vehicle except helicopters and planes. If you already know how to pilot a helicopter or plane, you keep that ability but don't get the ability to drive anything else.
Last edited on
@m4ster r0shi: Sometimes it's more fun to just kill a zombie here and there. Although sending him straight to you might be amusing to watch.

@chisname: Fine. I'll just zombify a few teenage mutant ninja turtles. Who said zombies can't swim?

-Albatross
I wonder if trolls can become zombies..

Kudos if you get the joke.
Absolutely a troll can't become a zombie. According to section ΑΩ4 of the International Zombification Research Document, you cannot zombify nature spirits, including but not limited to jötunn.

-Albatross
Just being realistic here.

Hm. I'd probably be shit-scared and'd die soon, in that case. :P
CQB with zombies presents a significant risk of infection and should only be a last resort, unavoidable desperation move. There's nothing wussie about dropping infected corpses at safe ranges. Who do you think is more likely to make it to a "safespot", a guy with some sticks, or a guy with 9mm and .45 cal handguns, .308 rifle, AR-15 with 2 100 round mags (and half a dozen 30 round mags), and a pump action shotgun?
You're right, the issue is that in lots of countries, owning guns is illegal. It's fine if you're licensed or American or something, but like I said, the most potent weapon in my house is a large-ish knife.
I just reminded that we have golf clubs in our house. A good driver can knock the shit out of your skull, guaranteed. It has infinite ammo, too. :P
I guess, I also have golf clubs (my dad's). I could steal those. It'd suck if I had to bash my own dad's brains out with his own golf clubs, though. I wonder if I could do it...
I would probably have ran if that'd've (is that even valid English? :P) happened.
Hit a gun shop, sit on the rooftop and start target practicing hahaha!
Albatross wrote:
O.o I would have a good excuse hit you with a flamethrower, chrisname? Okay, I'm heading off to the planning center right now!

-Albatross

What's worse, a zombie eating your brains, or a zombie on fire eating your brains? Fire doesn't kill zombies, it only sets them on fire.

The BEST way to kill a zombie, by far, is to destroy the brain. By destroy, I mean you can't just decapitate, because then the head can still bite you. Missiles and bombs aren't very effective (unless it's something REALLY big, like nuclear) because they tend to only kill a few hundred, maybe a thousand zombies, and you may be up to a million heading your way.

My suggestion? Carry a gun (preferably small) that you can easily shoot, and GTF out of there, maybe an underground base (make sure that you can get in AND out, because someone might be stupid enough to hide that they were a zombie and start a small plague)
Last edited on
PiMaster wrote:
Fire doesn't kill zombies, it only sets them on fire.

Can you cite your sources? I'm pretty sure fire kills zombies. They use napalm bombs in 28 Weeks Later to kill zombies, although I suppose you could argue that they're not strictly zombies inasmuch as they simply have a disease.
Pages: 12