Discord Server Issue

Pages: 12
That seems to be a typo. I meant to write digits * 33219 + (10000 - 1), instead of digits * (33219 + 10000 - 1).
Last edited on
That seems to be a typo.

For shame! Bad fingers! *slap*
Heh™.

One simple little answer on SO had 5 different edits, all trivial syntax hammerings.

https://stackoverflow.com/a/77205411/9718560

And I thought I had no life. :Þ

Almost enough nattering and grommishing to make me rethink about ever making a comment at SO.
Last edited on
One simple little answer on SO had 5 different edits, all trivial syntax hammerings.

Now your answer has been edited (by someone else) to claim that std::format is a class. Not that it matters much, but still.
Last edited on
I hate SO. It's almost totally useless if you want to ask a question, and oftentimes you'll find top answers that are factually wrong in subtle, critical ways. For a site that wants to pretend to be a heavily curated everything-reference, that's unforgivable.
All it is is an SEO mine.
The edit to claim std::format is a class is a bit risible. I was addressing more than std::format. There's more to the formatting library than just std::format.

The discussion had lain fallow for years until I mentioned C++20 and formatting library, and suddenly *BOOM!* Someone had to come along and pee on the answer.

Yes, several of the edits were mine. First time I made a comment at SO and tried to add some code to a comment and screwed it up. The interface makes it hard to do what I wanted.

@helios, I'm starting to agree with the "I hate SO" sentiment. The issues I had trying to get a comment added were a PITA.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.
Pages: 12