Weird random code colors

This is kind of random, but in my code editor– TextMate– I notice that these words all are colored differently.

// Dark blue
E1, e1, E12, e12;

// Also dark blue
1L, 1l, 1F, 1f, 1U, 1u;

// Light blue
fAnything;
mAnything;
sAnything;
gAnything;

// Red
kAnything;

// Bold light blue
section;
dylib;
exception;
jmp_buf;
va_list;
Ptr;
Size;

// Green
ok;
normal;
pName;
outline;
crash;
cancel;

It's probably unimportant, but I was just wondering if those are specific keywords or commands or things like that.

I think some of them are file types or something, like jmp_buf and va_list, but as to the others, I am clueless. For example, "pName." What in the name of Bill Joy is "pName" and what does it do???

Also, I'm curious if they're colored weirdly in your IDE's? MS Visual Studio, Dev-C++, Code::Blocks, etc. The only one that's colored weird in http://cpp.sh is 1L, 1l, 1F, 1f, 1U, 1u;.
Last edited on
visual has a million colors and is soft colored (that is, it recognizes YOUR used crafted types, and extensions from M$, and more).

the second group are constants with suffixes. These should be colored as if integers. This is standard c++.

Nothing else in that list registers with my notepad++ setup.
jmp_buf;
va_list;
visual studio claims those 2 are typedefs in setjump.h whatever that is. It isnt included anywhere visible.

none of the rest are special to either one. VS says all the rest are 'error types' but I think that may just be where I pasted it.
Last edited on
I think setjmp.h is a standard C++ header. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Setjmp.h

What exactly do you mean by "error types?"
Not sure. VS mouse-over labels them such.
What does it call them if you paste them inside curly brackets?

I've noticed that certain functions, like srand, getline, tgamma, etc. turn grey when inside curly brackets, but they're just black outside of the brackets.
no change ... just says <error-type>
does not mean anything, it says that for random letters too. Just a default marker.
Last edited on
Ah. Well, thanks!
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.