C++ Homework

Pages: 123
closed account (S6k9GNh0)
Has anyone noticed that every other post is someone's homework assignment?
Mmhm. Although we aren't that special in that regard...
Seems to be more than ever at the moment. Guess it's the start of a lot of peoples courses though.
Definitely more than usual, but a lot of these aren't easy either almost like the start of semester 2, which is 10x harder workload than S1 or w/e. and they only just scraped through S1. Just speculating...
At least nobody is falling for the, "I looked online but couldn't find this," line. I'm still working on an undergrad part-time, so I have classes with this kind of students. I can't wait for the day when I get to interview these kids.
Last edited on
Yes, it's extremely annoying. Especially that chichi guy, "can you write it for me?"

Ugh...
It is all part of the September that Never Ended

http://catb.org/jargon/html/S/September-that-never-ended.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternal_September

Every C/C++ forum in existence gets a regular posting of homework assignments four times a year.
Ooh Chris 1 more post and you will be 2010! stop living in the past man
Last edited on
Ok. I'm almost ready to enter the future :l

In 1993, the online service America Online began offering Usenet access to its tens of thousands, and later millions, of users. To many "old-timers", these "AOLers" were far less prepared to learn netiquette than university freshmen. This was in part because AOL made little effort to educate its users about Usenet customs, or explain to them that these new-found forums were not simply another piece of AOL's service. But it was also a result of the much larger scale of growth. Whereas the regular September freshman influx would soon settle down, the sheer number of new users now threatened to overwhelm the existing Usenet culture's capacity to inculcate its social norms

That sounds a little like 4chan... I've never been on Usenet. What is it? ("It's a weapon! It's really powerful, especially against living things!").
Last edited on
Why four times?
Why what four times?
Duoas wrote:
Every C/C++ forum in existence gets a regular posting of homework assignments four times a year.
The colleges/unis I've seen have 4 quarters, 1 per season.
Winter session.
Spring session.
Summer session.
Fall session.

accouting for variations: for 5 == 12.
Last edited on
When I saw the preview of that I thought you were talking about Vivaldi's Four Seasons. Then I realised that that wouldn't make sense.
closed account (S6k9GNh0)
wtf are you guys talking about...
I know! I actually really like classical; I find it very calming. Vivaldi, Grieg and Rimsky-Korsakov are my favourite composers. I forget what the score by Korsakov was that I really liked...

Edit: it was Procession of the Nobles.
Also Chaikovski and Tynyanov (Russian composers have always been my favourite).
Last edited on
So I am not the only one who listens to classical and programs?
I don't listen to music while I program (unless you consider the sound of fingers hammering on a keyboard music); I find it too distracting. You know what I want? A keyboard like they have in movies that emulates the sound of a dot-matrix printer.
Pages: 123