Programming Quotes

C++ multiple inheritance: "If it looks like a dog and it quacks like a car then it's probably an asteroid".
+1

Did you make that up? Or is there a humorous reference in there somewhere?

(Alas, I have no witty quote to contribute of my own.)
The two biggest problems in programming are, naming variables , pointers and off by one errors.
"C Code. C Code Run. Run, Code, RUN! PLEASE!!!!" - Slashdot Quote of the Day.

closed account (z05DSL3A)
“Give a man a program, frustrate him for a day.
Teach a man to program, frustrate him for a lifetime.”
― Waseem Latif
Some good ones from Bjarne Stroustrup

“I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my telephone; my wish has come true because I can no longer figure out how to use my telephone.”

“There are only two kinds of languages: the ones people complain about and the ones nobody uses.”

“C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot; C++ makes it harder, but when you do it blows your whole leg off.”

“Proof by analogy is fraud.”

“If you think it's simple, then you have misunderstood the problem.”

“Design and programming are human activities; forget that and all is lost.”

“Insanity is hereditary: you get it from your children.”

“C++ is designed to allow you to express ideas, but if you don't have ideas or don't have any clue about how to express them, C++ doesn't offer much help.”

“It's easy to win forgiveness for being wrong; being right is what gets you into real trouble.”

“Programming is like sex: It may give some concrete results, but that is not why we do it.”
"C++, everybody. Where your friends have access to your private member."
@Cheraphy: I think you missed my link...
Nah, I just didn't follow it.

Also "This one time I wrote a narcissistic class. No matter which method I called, it always returned a reference to itself."
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.