Just started learning c++!

Hi everyone! I am Cameron :)

- I currently code mainly Java, BukkitAPI, MySQL. And quite a bit of HTML, CSS. I also do coding lessons.

- As of today, I have just started learning c++. I am currently looking at the tutorials on this website and practicing using the IDE "Dev C++".. if you guys could recommend some more tutorials for me (via youtube or other websites that would be awesome).

- I am learning c++ with my friend "spongebond" so if you could help us both out that would be awesome. Friendship and motivation will keep us going and hopefully we will end up making some awesome projects.

- I was wondering about the white-hat hacking possibilities with c++ and what applications might be interesting to make, so leave a reply below if you know of any good ones that I might be able to give a go in the future! (ie. keyloggers etc)

Thanks guys!
Hope to see you around alot.
closed account (EwCjE3v7)
Thenewboston has many videos bout C++, but getting a book/ebook would be better(just my case, you may differ).
Last edited on
Which Dev C++? Bloodshed or Orwell?

As for white-hat applications, you're going to be jumping between several languages for that. Do the heavy-lifting processing work with C++, fetch the info using a different language, and so on.
I recommend this IDE for C++: http://codelite.org/

It's a fantastic IDE for C++. It comes with Valgrind for memory testing, and supports all the major foss compilers (free and open source compilers). It also runs on all three major operating systems, and is really fast. You should at least try it.

Here are some good reasources:

- this website
- www.cppreference.com

Those two are the only ones I've ever used. IRC is also an invaluble resource for asking questions. There is a small IRC channel that was born from this community on irc.quakenet.org.
If the tutorials here aren't enough there are always the tutorials on http://www.learncpp.com/
Also, I prefer code::blocks but visual studios is also a good IDE.
Just look up dev c++ tutorials and you will find a ton of them. As for white hat hacking, http://www.hackforums.net/
Last edited on
Stop spreading dev-c++! Bloodshed is dead and the Internet needs to realize this. Orwell is supposedly OK, but there are much much better IDEs out there. Code:Blocks, Visual Studio, Codelite, Eclipse, kDevelop, Netbeans - There are a lot of great IDEs out there to choose from.

As for the IRC channel, it's on irc.quakenet.org #cplusplus. I'm generally there, as are a dozen or so other members.
Last edited on
Orwell isn't exactly too up-to-date either. July of this year was the most recent update.
Fr0zen1 wrote:
Thenewboston
Oh gosh, please no. Don't follow Thenewboston.
Last edited on
Orwell isn't exactly too up-to-date either. July of this year was the most recent update.
that is only 3 months ago? Code::blocks 13.12 came out December of last year are you telling me that it isn't up to date? Unless you were being sarcastic and I missed that.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.