Real-time Audio Manipulator

DESCRIPTION 1
In a nutshell, I need the program to take in sound files (mp3, wav, etc), run it through a bunch of audio processes, and then output it to the speakers

See below
Sound file -> Audio Process1 -> Audio Process2 -> ...etc -> speakers

This all has to be done real-time and without hiccups as the program can't crash in a live performance.

I imagine the program will need to have multiple threads though I could be mistaken.

You won't need to have experience in coding, nor do I expect you to code, audio processes (flanges, reverbs, etc). In my fumbled attempts to program this myself, I have run across libraries that do this stuff already (rtcmix, faust) so based upon my previous attempts at coding this myself, I assume you'll just need to be able implement the code already available.

DESCRIPTION 2
This part is also part of the program but I would be looking to get this programmed over the next 2 weeks and usable. I think it is very doable as it is simple code. This program (which would later be integrated into the above program) needs to be able to
- play a song (mp3, wav, etc)
- record the timestamp of the keystroke in relation to the song position
- save the timestamp of the keystrokes
- analyze the keystrokes to determine a bpm
- save the results to a file

I believe that this second program I described could be programmed in less than a week, if even that, as all it is doing is recording keystrokes, running a simple analysis, and saving the results to a file.

WHAT I EXPECT
- Proper code commenting
- Clean, efficient code (don't we all)
- Understandable code (another programmer should be able to look at your code, the comments and understand what it does)
- would like you to be based in New York/Northeast but this is not as important as the above three points

COMPENSATION
You will be paid in USD$ for the programming.
Exact terms of payment will be determined one-on-one.

If selected to program the main program I described first, invariably, you will learn the nature of my business plan. The initial development I mentioned in this post, is just the tip of the iceberg and I am looking for a capable programmer to eventually bring on the team. To that eventuality, I may offer an interest in the company at my discretion.

TIMELINE FOR DECISION
For the program described in description 1, I do not expect to make a decision on a programmer until Late July as I will be vetting all applicants. Please note that I may select multiple programmers for program 1 as it will be a large undertaking so feel free to refer your fellow programmers.
For the program described in description 2, I will be making a quick decision over the next few days. Consider program 2 as an opportunity for assessment.

Please send me a private message if you have any questions or would like to apply.

Thank You
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.