General C++ Programming - November 2016 (Page 17)

by antago
Objective-C++ & glutInit

I am creating an objective-c application that makes use of C++. How do I go about transferring the glutInit from the C++ main function to the Objective-C progra...
[no replies]
Fixed point iteration (1,2)

I am implementing an analytical model. In the model, I need to use fixed point iteration to find a variable "gamma". I write the following code, but the loop do...
[20 replies] Last: Thank you for the suggestions. Much appreciated!!! (by siuclau9)
Read in a text-file

Hello, I use MS-VisualStudio 2015. I want to read in a text-file to bring it out with another format. But there is no text at the screen? Here is the code: ...
[5 replies] Last: ....yes....you are right, I had to put the write-order after the close... (by Kalle2020)
by mogha
Parsing of mainframe static screen.

I have requirement where i need to parse the mainframe screens and have to extract some information from those screens.What is the best way of doing this task. ...
[no replies]
conversion error?

heyya guys.....hoping to get some help here....been getting this error showing up....is there an error in the code?
[6 replies] Last: okok....i seem to have got it....trying to fiddle around to fix it now... (by vinci65812301)
C++ problem

Please help me with this problem:- Suppose a number N is 189. The sum of digits S is 1+8+9=18. Since S is not a unit digit number ( i.e. S>=10) So for next loo...
[2 replies] Last: "mohit" is a name in the problem. i am not able to get through with ot... (by stan3098)
by rncykl
Expected a decleration

I have found this program for combination. But i am havig "expected a decleration" error. what am i missing? #include<iostream> #include<algorithm> using n...
[3 replies] Last: Fixed without changing what you want the code to do: #include <iost... (by boost lexical cast)
Printing and sorting arrays

Write a program that can be used by a ski resort to keep track of local snow conditions for one week. It should have a seven-element array of class objects, whe...
[no replies]
Hitting the Slopes Program

Write a program that can be used by a ski resort to keep track of local snow conditions for one week. It should have a seven-element array of class objects, whe...
[5 replies] Last: I'm having issues with "void sort_by_base_depth(SnowData _array , int... (by tamale21)
by miglr
undefined reference to function

Hello, I'm having trouble processing and displaying a sorted array of random numbers. Any pointers would be of great help. I try running it and I get an error s...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks so much comaHelp! that worked and I can finally have some sleep... (by miglr)
Reading Extended Characters From Notepad

Hello All, I am a new member to the forum but your posts have all been a huge help to me so far. This time I am stumped. I am attempting to use extended ascii...
[9 replies] Last: I am able to out the characters to the console individually by calling... (by NoobOfNoobs)
radius compute circumference & area

// Project6.cpp : Defines the entry point for the console application. // #include "stdafx.h" #include <iostream> #include <cmath> using namespace std...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you so much for the help @SakurasouBusters @Boxbird @lastchance... (by Kevin10official)
Post fix increment

Can somebody help explain the internals of what's happening here. int num = 5; int num1 = -num++; cout << num << " " << num1; The above I understand, -n...
[4 replies] Last: Yes. See: http://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/language/operator_incdec a... (by keskiverto)
how to find prime number in c++ and how to find the greatest digit in a number.

I'm trying to write a function that will print out function from 1 to 100 and a function that prints out the greatest digit in the integer that was input by the...
[2 replies] Last: Getting the biggest digit of an int: int biggestDigit( int number) ... (by nuderobmonkey)
Parsing some log files

Hi All, I have got some log files from a project and I need to parse some data from it and display. Log Sample: Line 11794:11/30/203500:26:00.994/69/29/abc/wo...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks a lot.. Appreciate your help.. (by prernaprasoon)
Output file is empty!!

Hi, I am writing to a file and then close it but it remains empty! The relevant code is: ofstream out{ outputFileName }; if (!out) { ostring...
[3 replies] Last: Actually, I had a definition of operator<< that was "stealing" the cal... (by JUAN DENT)
C++ calculate distance between structure of inputed and saved points and the origin, print out list according on distance

The task is to be able to create a structure that can save different points, then calculate the distance between the origin point (0,0) and the input points, af...
[4 replies] Last: (Hint: write a further function with a list of all obstacles/points a... (by keskiverto)
by rncykl
Combination

How can i learn making combinations in c plus plus ? i have an idea to change Jacobian algorithm in endustrial engineering. I have to add lines of a matrix in d...
[2 replies] Last: You talking about www.google.com? I heard about that site. Thanks mate... (by rncykl)
reverse vector container

I'm making a 2D board game and to desing the board layout and record tokens, I use a vector of vectors, which gives me the following, unatural, board layout: ...
[15 replies] Last: @doug4 Ok, I understand. Thanks! (by BobMorane)
What language is this code in ?

#include <stdio.h> #include <string.h> #include <limits.h> #define MIN(a, b) (((a) < (b)) ? (a) : (b)) #define MAX(a, b) (((a) > (b)) ? (a) : (b)) #define MAX...
[2 replies] Last: As Peter87 says, it's C. There are a number of obvious clues: 1) It... (by MikeyBoy)
November 2016 Pages: 1... 1516171819... 23
  Archived months: [oct2016] [dec2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.