General C++ Programming - November 2016 (Page 13)

HashTable Bucketing not working for copy constructor

I am wondering why in the below code the copy constructor is not bucket copying for the hash table class,HashTable. I have tried everything and nothing seems ...
[2 replies] Last: Here is my code. I just need the part I comment with bucketing to work... (by xerofoify12)
Help with c++ program.

Hey guys i need with this program everytime i run it nothing is outputing i don't know how to fix it. Thanks in advance. By the way i am new to this forum so i...
[10 replies] Last: Wow man thank you guys for the help a simple fix was the "A" and "D" a... (by stealthy)
Code Error C++

#include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> int arr ; int temp ; void randomGenerator(void); int sort(void); void search(void); void display(void); int main(...
[2 replies] Last: No problem here wither. You never seed the random number generator. ... (by AbstractionAnon)
How to get a tuple based on list of template templates of variable size in C++?

Hi All, I have created a template class which takes two plain template parameters (like int or double) and have derived several other classes from it: ...
[2 replies] Last: A less sophisticated approach ... vector<Derived1Class<int>> v1; ve... (by gunnerfunner)
Serial Port Communcation - Fluke 289 Meter

I'm having trouble receiving data from my Fluke 289 when communicating through a serial port. I can query the device and it is sending back information but I'm...
[1 reply] : The point is that the reading is faster than the serial port can provi... (by coder777)
shared_ptr doesn't free memory when the counter reaches 0

Hi. I'm trying to implement my own shared_ptr class for training purposes. But first, I need to better understand how shared_ptr works. Consider this code: ...
[6 replies] Last: > why does shared_ptr makes two allocations? what are these allocation... (by JLBorges)
by nu123
accepting posative and negative values

hello there, i have a program wrought on but it will only accept positive numbers. i was wondering how can i change this so that if i enter a posative or a nega...
[1 reply] : Could you please stick to just one thread for this topic - there are m... (by Chervil)
Hidding the code

As you may know, all programs and games which arent open source the code is hidded and if you try to open it it will give you some strange symbols, how i can do...
[2 replies] Last: A compiler can inject "debugging symbols" into the binary that make it... (by keskiverto)
HELP!! 20 char in 2 array without pressing enter twice

Can some one help me with this program ?? i basically found in my older bother's C++ quizzes the question is : Create a Program that will ask the use...
[7 replies] Last: idk, ill input 20 char and the program will divide it into 2 arrays 10... (by Rawwhime)
Fill 2-dimensional array with zeros, C++

There is a problem where I need to fill an array with zeros, with the following assumptions: - in the array there can only be `0` and `1` - we can only c...
[2 replies] Last: I don't think you understood my question. My problem is not how to cre... (by ivyfisher)
by Zawk
PLEASE HELP!!!

Can someone please help me figur out why is the program not displaying the contents of the input file in "Option 1" ? #include <iostream> #include <iomanip>...
[1 reply] : While slightly off your question you should use a better control struc... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Any smart person can help on this code??

Description: Create and test a series of simple functions. Notes: Parameters and Arguments are the same thing Sample output Name: Ted Major: Electrical ...
[3 replies] Last: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/lounge/202323/ (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Why can't I call main();?

Here is my code: #include <iostream> #include <vector> #include <iomanip> #include <algorithm> #include <string> using namespace std; void agai...
[3 replies] Last: This is gonna be a long night.. vola! #include <iostream> #include... (by JANET2016)
Opening a file

I am trying to open and display a file and I cant figure out why it wont open the file. It just displays the exit "Fail" ifstream _wildeq; _wilde...
[5 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <fstream> using namespace std; int mai... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Using Classes

Write a public member function string delete_last(). This function deletes the last item added to the parallel arrays. When the item is deleted, it should no lo...
[3 replies] Last: I'd guess the intended way is to decrement size , assuming it's great... (by mbozzi)
by gabars
Function argument is not accessible

Hi, my Qt application keeps getting killed by SIGSEGV, it seems that my function's argument is inaccessible (according to Qt's debugger, and it makes sense beca...
[no replies]
How to re define array length during program execution?

Hi! As title suggest, I want to define array length during program execution. First of all let me explane. I was practicing programs examples and exercise...
[3 replies] Last: The "stack" is the memory space where newly created variables, arrays,... (by texasbeef)
Vending Machine

So I'm close to finishing a vending machine program Iv'e been working on for a while now. I'm pretty new to C++ and need help with a few things on the program. ...
[2 replies] Last: while (customermoney >= 4.99 && customermoney == 129.00) { // While L... (by texasbeef)
by PCP63
Appending Vectors?

New to C++, have a project where I have to read an input file with baseball statistics on it (done), but then place those values into an array. Figured vectors ...
[no replies]
Classes example

I have to do this project....and for the first phase i need to define 5 classes...and i dont have any ideea for this. Thanks ! Implement a console applicatio...
[1 reply] : What did you do so far? (by ivyfisher)
November 2016 Pages: 1... 1112131415... 23
  Archived months: [oct2016] [dec2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.