General C++ Programming - November 2016 (Page 12)

by bozmin
Passing an object through a function on separate file

I am having real trouble trying to make this code working. App.cpp (main file) #include "HardwareStore.h" #include <iostream> using namespace std; i...
[8 replies] Last: fare enough ! Just a small update. If there is lot of files to be com... (by bozmin)
HELP!!

I am completely lost on what to do next, here's my code:<> # include <iostream> # include <string> using namespace std; //function prototyping void ge...
[11 replies] Last: Your conditions are messed up: Line 51: while (time1&&time2&&time3 >... (by AbstractionAnon)
by gmm796
Help with Queues

There are two parking garages each have a maxqueue of 5. There is also a street that cars could wait until a spot opens up. When a spot opens up in one of the g...
[no replies]
Bubble sort duplicates linked list items

My assignment is to create a function that sorts the provided linked list. When I run the program and sort the list, some list items appear twice, despite there...
[2 replies] Last: Not knowing exactly what the LinkedList member functions do, I have so... (by doug4)
Is this code correct?

#include"Hobbit.h" Hobbit::Hobbit() { name="Bilbo"; } Hobbit::~Hobbit() { } void Hobbit::setName(string n) { ...
[2 replies] Last: Line 45: What's the purpose of this line: bool check=hasBeenSummone... (by AbstractionAnon)
by k162j
Caesar Cipher

Hello! I'm making a program that read Caesar Cipher. Everything works fine, but the program stops if it goes to the next line. Here is my code so far: #in...
[6 replies] Last: go another step further #include<iostream> #include<string> #include... (by KOOKIEVADER)
Code to Design Pattern

Hi, I'm studying C++ programming and I was wondering if anyone has any tips on how to figure out what design pattern C++ code is following just by reading the c...
[1 reply] : More often than not, the names of entities involved (classes, template... (by JLBorges)
Making a program module for patient management. But it's not working properly. What's wrong?

http://ideone.com/e.js/qxX7AS (The program code was too long. Hence, please follow the link to the program code. Also, I am not using the website's compiler to ...
[2 replies] Last: I checked Also, now the view all function is working but the ID is alw... (by Anne693)
by Ahmaoj
How do I get started with learning C++ at the age of 12?

How do I get started with learning C++ at the age of 12?
[1 reply] : One place to start is the tutorials here on this site. There are plent... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
by miglr
Help with adding the occurence of each read character

Hello, I'm having trouble displaying the number of times a character has been read from a file. for example "Big black dog" b = 2. It reads all the letters but ...
[6 replies] Last: @arzhon Thank you so much I really appreciate it! As I was reading the... (by miglr)
Error - no operator ">>" matches these operands (1,2)

Hi, i'm beginner in c++. Currently facing some issue on my codes. Below is the snippets of codes that are having issues. The error is @ " h >> p2d; " #include...
[28 replies] Last: hi, was wondering can anyone send completed codes for the program? @ju... (by alpha34)
Cannot Debug this Code

#include <iostream.h> #include <string.h> int main() { char partno ; int length; cout << "\nEnter the part number: "; cin >> partno; length = strlen(...
[1 reply] : Use this code to compile. #include <iostream> #include <string.h> us... (by Chidoro)
Arrays Program

Good evening. I am working on a program with two arrays. Both have seven elements. One would be the day of the week, while the other should be the snowfall for ...
[4 replies] Last: Use a for loop: double total = 0; for( int i = 0; i < 7; i++) { ... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Code Error Help C++

#include <iostream> #include <fstream> #include <string> #include <cassert> #include <iomanip> // std::setprecision using namespace std; int main () { i...
[2 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <fstream> #include <string> #include <ca... (by Chidoro)
programming project help c language

7.30 (Calculating Circle Circumference, Circle Area or Sphere Volume Using Function Pointers) Using the techniques you learned in Fig. 7.28, create a text-base...
[1 reply] : First: Don't use while(1), use something like getchar so you can analy... (by lazpeng)
by miglr
reading strings from files character at a time

after reading a file and distributing each character, I get a period(.) where it don't belong. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong. Thanks. BTW the program...
[4 replies] Last: the reason I put all characters into arrays was to sort them... thinki... (by miglr)
help with class

My goal is to design a class named Automobile that holds the vehicle identification number, make, model, and color of an automobile, that includes methods to se...
[3 replies] Last: Where are you getting this error? Your compiler should be telling you... (by MikeyBoy)
OOP_Classes

Hello! For Oriented Object Programming course I have the project below. First of all I need to define 5 classes(type "is a"). I do not have any ideea about ...
[3 replies] Last: I would think the classes are straightforward according to the require... (by coder777)
corrupted double-linked list error

I am building a hashmap using "unorderd_map". key will be unique id and its corresponding value will be char*. A file got lines for ids and following mult...
[5 replies] Last: Do you think which one is more efficient "string" or "char*" for valu... (by mbozzi)
Printing out sort array?

int main() { } [\code]
[1 reply] : what do you mean? You can just call printArray(Movies, Stud); agai... (by arzhon)
November 2016 Pages: 1... 1011121314... 23
  Archived months: [oct2016] [dec2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.