General C++ Programming - November 2014 (Page 4)

Functions which return values

Write a function named cointoss that simulates the tossing of a coin. When you call the function, it should generate a random number in the range of 1 throug...
[2 replies] Last: It's so hard! I don't know how to do it. :( (by KappaKat)
Graphic user interface?

I have a program I want to write that determines the health of a power transformer. I know the syntax of all the other code I might have to use but I'm not too...
[1 reply] : Use some GUI library: QT, GTK, WxWidgets to name few. (by MiiNiPaa)
How to set individual characters in a 2D array

I have this project for school that requires a 2D array of filled with spaces that will be set to characters to draw shapes(square, circle, triangle, and a ...
[no replies]
Derived Classes (Segmentation Fault)

I have this assignment that uses classes that derive from other classes, but for some reason I can't get pass a segmentation fault. Here is the code: #include...
[5 replies] Last: Whoa... Okay, I see what happened. I have to rewrite my notes, I confu... (by KrypticCliff)
emergency call please... files ..ifstream!!

please anyone.... its an emergency here.. i`m stuck and my brain just stopped working :'C so the question is a second part already did the first one!! ...
[7 replies] Last: You may use an outer loop for all students and an inner one for his/he... (by tcs)
Array vs linked list implementation for Stack

Basically what are the advantages and disadvantages of having an array implementation vs linked list implementation for a stack?
[1 reply] : http://lmgtfy.com/?q=array+%20vs+linked+list+%20stack (by kbw)
error syntax c++

for( const auto& i : myvector ) // i { int colone = 0; for( auto j : i) // j : i { R[ligne*maxCardinalite+colone] ...
[3 replies] Last: The older for-loop syntax. Note though that the auto (as used above) ... (by keskiverto)
by Nanyo
mousemove and mouseclick

Hello everyone, Does anyone know how to simulate mouse move and mouse click using code::blocks as a platform and Windows 7 I am doing game in which you hav...
[1 reply] : Please, do not double post. It clutters forums and spreads attempts to... (by MiiNiPaa)
Android NDK

My attempts to make a simple android app completely in c++ have failed after I tried to instal android ndk several times (the tutorials I've found simply didn't...
[3 replies] Last: Isn't the Android NDK itself proof enough? It looks like the current ... (by LB)
Getters and Setters Acting Strange (or maybe Code::Blocks)

I have two classes, a Deck.h and a Card.h. Of particular interest are the following functions in Card.h, which are used to make particular cards: void Card:...
[2 replies] Last: I have them written that way in Card.h. They work fine. The error is a... (by TsarLenin)
Translating a recursive function into a iterator function

Hey, how do I change the following recursive function into a iterator function and basically what should it look like? int f(int i) { if(i<2) ...
[1 reply] : To handle this you need to computer the values f(3), f(4), f(5), ... f... (by dhayden)
Making a cursor without using graphics

Hi guys I'm new to c++ So I have a project to make. I need to make a cursor like an arrow that will move when inputs are given. e.g if input is given 500 spaces...
[2 replies] Last: Well windows lets you set your cursor (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us... (by zoran404)
Solved

Solved, thanks
[5 replies] Last: Original post (too long for one message): http://pastebin.com/Z3FN2F7A... (by MiiNiPaa)
by Shahan
adding/Deleting Object Dynamically runtime

How to add/delete object dynamically run time ?? I have a question in which i need to add/delete object dynamically dynamically how to do it ??
[2 replies] Last: hmm...Your question is not clear. You can try using new and delete key... (by rjvc)
Someone help please.

Write a program to make a table for any input number and then continuesly ask to press y to print more table and if you press any key other than y then program ...
[2 replies] Last: I honestly don't know, but people expect you to at least attempt some ... (by mutexe)
Why am i having this segmentation fault(core dumped) error?

Hey guys, I am having this error and I can not solve it. I am new to C++ and I need to solve this it's about a project. Here is my code: #include <iost...
[1 reply] : The problem is this: for(k = 0; k < 9 ; k++) // Note: 9 is out of b... (by coder777)
by hansO
function call from header

Hi, i've got These 3 files: // OTI.h extern void Unpack(void* Packet); // PackUnpack.cpp #include "OptiTrackInterface.h" void Unpack(void* Pa...
[2 replies] Last: 1) Probably not 2) indata is a packet divided in Byte sections. Do i h... (by hansO)
HELP

I have to make a program that takes several numbers into an array into a function, and send them back into the main function multiplied by 1.13. This is what ...
[2 replies] Last: And please use code tags (this little "<>"-button at the right side of... (by tcs)
Zombie process

I am looking into how to create zombie process. They are created when parent process don't call wait() and hence they are not removed from the process table. Ho...
[2 replies] Last: Konstantin2s code will really work - but you may run in trouble :-) A... (by tcs)
Scope rule

Why even thought add is global, when passed in function test it's value is not updated outside of function like test(); struct course { float gStudents; ...
[8 replies] Last: When there is ambiguity, the closest enclosing scope is chosen. It's t... (by LB)
November 2014 Pages: 123456... 32
  Archived months: [oct2014] [dec2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.