General C++ Programming - November 2014 (Page 30)

How to skip a block of commands when the user interrupts?

I am working on a program that does something like this, Void main() { cout<<"H";timedelay(1); cout<<"E";timedelay(1); cout<<"L";timedelay(1); cout<<"L";timede...
[10 replies] Last: I know that the keyboard buffer isn't the input buffer, and it just oc... (by Esslercuffi)
NEED HELP PLEASE

Need help with removeName and findName in my program #include<iostream> #include<vector> #include<cstdlib> #include<string> using namespace...
[1 reply] : Please, do not double post. It clutters forums and spreads attempts to... (by MiiNiPaa)
Clear part of the screen

Is there any way I can clear only a selected part of the screen? (I'm aware of system("cls")) For example, when you enter a date, and is wrong, could it just...
[1 reply] : I just went over this in another thread: http://www.cplusplus.com/foru... (by Esslercuffi)
by toast9
counting nodes in binary tree

I'm trying to count the number of node in a binary tree. I have a public count function that calls a private count function. I keep getting a linker error: Unde...
[2 replies] Last: yup, that was the problem. Thanks. (by toast9)
Get value from String containing Variable Name?

As written in the title, I want to be able to extract a variable value from a string containing the variable's name. I know one can use associative containers ...
[5 replies] Last: I thought I would add this in because it solves my problem completely ... (by dominover)
2D/3D arrays with files

Need help understanding how to use 2d arrays with 3d arrays. First part is the program and below that is my confusing attempt. If I could get a small example or...
[no replies]
Need help on this problem please.

What will this C++ code output? Having some trouble on this problem, what is the output for this code (Assuming its part of a working program, assuming proper ...
[2 replies] Last: since you're starting at i = 0 and going as long as i is <5, there wil... (by toast9)
Packet Class

Hi, I've been working on this program but i keep getting a LNK2019 error "Error 1 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall Packet::T...
[1 reply] : Found my error. Transmit() isn't part of my packet class. Needed to us... (by gamerguy314)
Please Help meeeee!!!!!

Guys, i have spent 2 whole days on this program and I just cant get it to work correctly. So it compiles just fine but I cant get the right output to the val...
[3 replies] Last: so i guess no help??? Saw the original post. No code tags so there... (by pheininger)
need help

need help writing RemoveName and Findname in my program #include<iostream> #include<vector> #include<cstdlib> #include<string> using namespace std...
[no replies]
by Ndrewm
Structures function

I'm writing a function that compares two fraction. if the fractions are equal it returns 0. If the fraction in the first parameter is less than the fraction in ...
[4 replies] Last: Well, you must remember that main() cannot be type void it must al... (by ostar2)
cpp file not opening correctly.

When I try to open the cpp source in Visual Studio, it just opens a blank notepad window. The cpp file says its 4 kb and there was code in it. Has anyone had th...
[5 replies] Last: I guess it's back to square one then. (by Hank Hill)
Template with a specialized template class parameter. How?

I think my problem is best explained with how I want the code to look. Only problem is it doesn't work (Line 11). I have some experience with templates but I'm ...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks again JLBorges. You introduced me to some new template ideas an... (by mrmonkey)
HomeWork Help!

Can some one help me or give me hints on how to write the following program: http://i60.tinypic.com/3588nz8.png
[3 replies] Last: Definitely row by row, they are subsets. http://stackoverflow.com/ques... (by giblit)
adding node to linked list, seems like when my node picks up new variable, first node changes to that

I am adding reference of node to linked list, but when node picks up the new variables, my first node changes to the new node. I understand I am using reference...
[no replies]
Help with loop for Averaging

I'm having trouble figuring out how to average the numbers 1-N where N is the user's input. All of which to construct the code from what we have learned from ch...
[6 replies] Last: How would you find the average of all even and odd numbers? (by Tdog1995)
by hanest
user input of significant figures

hi i am writing a program that computes the simpsons rule, i would like the user to input how many significant figures the program should output to, can anyone ...
[no replies]
SQL Server

Hi I'm trying to find a way to create and amend a database using the SQL server. I have no idea how to do this. I just know it's included with the VS Express...
[1 reply] : You're trying to do this with C++ on a Microsoft platform? http://lmg... (by tmason)
Binary search tree find function

Once I create my binary search tree, there's a find function to find any number in the tree. However, When searching for a particular number, the program kicks...
[no replies]
rectangle

how to check the if rectangle is a square or not?
[8 replies] Last: What kind of rectangle? Are you using a 2D graphic engine? Or is it ju... (by Funkist)
November 2014 Pages: 1... 2829303132
  Archived months: [oct2014] [dec2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.