General C++ Programming - November 2014 (Page 14)

by Ksenon
Unicode characters

Hello everybody. I've got as homework the coding of Caesar's cipher in C++. I've created the following code. It turns out that the following letters do not work...
[5 replies] Last: I think you need to use wstring instead of string. ç, ë, and Ë requ... (by dhayden)
Access check

Hello , I can't explain why I can access these functions . #include <iostream> using namespace std; class ACShape { public: virtual float get_area() const = ...
[6 replies] Last: thank you :) (by oleg9419)
Why my system cannot terminate itself?

#include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace std; void checkbal(string accnum, double balance); void withdraw(string accnum, double balance); vo...
[1 reply] : You call option(...) regardless whether x is true or not. You need... (by coder777)
Switch Vs if-else

Which one consumes more processing time? Switch function or if-else? just wondering.
[16 replies] Last: Consider using arrays if possible (more often than you might think) an... (by YokoTsuno)
Anyone help me???

#include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace std; void checkbal(string accnum, double balance); void withdraw(string accnum, double balance); vo...
[2 replies] Last: Code tags make it much easier to read your code. I am not going to try... (by admkrk)
Problem with reading from file

I am having an issue with the getline() function and the >> operator. I've not really found much concerning my specific issue and this is my first time posting ...
[no replies]
I need some help with my menu

#include <iostream> #include <iomanip> #include <fstream> #include <string> using namespace std; int main() { int select; int name; int exit; in...
[no replies]
Sinking fund and calling functions

I have to do this assignment but really don't understand the calling and called functions yet. Can someone help me in completing the assingment. The assignment...
[1 reply] : #include <iostream> #include <cmath> using namespace std; int name(d... (by OPzCatchMee9)
One-Dimensional Array

Can anybody help me with my program? I can't get the example. Here's the question: Create a program that accepts an array of characters. And displays the conver...
[2 replies] Last: @Keene : Thank you dude. :) (by exoruel)
ATM program needs help here!!!

[5 replies] Last: I have try to type in option(accnum,balance); at the place you said, b... (by bearling1024)
Strings and Pig Latin Translator-> Help Wanted

So I've been attempted to create a pig latin translator focusing mainly with length, strcpy, and strings in general. I have become really confused within creati...
[4 replies] Last: Here's a short pig Latin translator. code: #include <iostream> #inclu... (by jasonwynn10)
by RedMax
How would I write a program that scans an entered string for keywords and responds.

I'm attempting to write a program that will respond to me a lot like cleverbot or Siri. I can take care of making the program do the things I want it to do...
[1 reply] : Use the strstr function from the cstring library. It will return a non... (by TheKingOfTyrants)
Credit Card Validation

Hello, I was wondering if you could help me with a program question. We have to ask the user to select either a Visa card type or Mastercard type. Then, we mus...
[5 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> #include <string> using namesp... (by jasonwynn10)
Game State Machine: Abstract

Hi guys I'm now trying to get Things working for my state manager. But I’m stuck again ^^. I think that a normal state machine with a switch(currentstate) ...
[no replies]
state machine

anyone know how to setup state machine in class
[2 replies] Last: Argh. Use a matrix or a std::multimap. The key is the current state.... (by Duthomhas)
Set theory

Hi All, This is how far I am with my code, but I am not sure how to write the followings- 1.(!C UNION C) INTERSECT A 2. A UNION B UNION C UNION D Ca...
[4 replies] Last: I can suggest new ways to store your sets, but I think you'd be better... (by Duthomhas)
Maximum numbers of elements that can be eliminated from a set of sets?

Hello I have come across a problem lately. You are given a set of n sets with m variables.. for instance {a,b,c,d}, {b,c,d}, {b,c}, {c,e,f}, {e,f}. And you w...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you for this :).. it'll do for a good read.. it seems to be what... (by sebihp2007)
Is there an IDE for C++ that doesn't generate code?

Is there an IDE for C++ that doesn't generate code, while still having a debugger and intelligent code completion? PS: By generated code, I mean the code that ...
[2 replies] Last: Visual Studio, you just need to create an empty project. But I imagine... (by mutexe)
Finding errors in class template

Hello, I have to find at least 5 errors in the following class template. I have found three and it now compiles, here is the template #include <map> #...
[1 reply] : I think you should look at the function that is not called from main t... (by Peter87)
Tic Tac Toe

I know practically everyone has had to create a tic tac toe project at some point. I've been searching online, and have found various examples of code that work...
[2 replies] Last: Here's a basic logic code to help you out: 1. while the board is no... (by The Code Master)
November 2014 Pages: 1... 1213141516... 32
  Archived months: [oct2014] [dec2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.