General C++ Programming - November 2014 (Page 13)

Colition Detector

I am creating a sandbox game right now. My game currently has a structure that says whether you can walk through a block or not. I need to make it so that if yo...
[no replies]
Hamming code help

1 )Determine if there’s an incorrect bit, and if so, where it is. 2) Display CORRECT code 3) Display the decimal form of the message that was sent, afte...
[no replies]
by Myna
C++ array

I need help writing a lottery program that generates 5 non duplicate numbers that is between 1 and 20 by using arrays. Here is my code and i cant compile it. ...
[3 replies] Last: Disclaimer: I am a beginner. #include <iostream> #include <stdlib.h> ... (by swp147)
File I/O not recognizing contents correctly

Hello, so I have a program that's not doing what I want it to do. This is the assignment: The nth term of the sequence of triangle numbers is given by, tn =...
[2 replies] Last: Yeah, making small functions help a lot. Thanks! (by NewatCplusplus)
by yoga79
Plotting the Velocity Data

Hi all.. I am a beginner in C++ programming, and i want to learn about C++ seriously.. I want to ask about a case.. I have velocity data of fluid flow: P...
[no replies]
Drums fans

Hey drums fans, Can you test my app that i created with C and SDL library ! I need your notices. Link: http://codes-sources.commentcamarche.net/source/...
[no replies]
Free() function behaviour

C language question struct node { unsigned char g; }; int main(void) { struct node* x = (node*)malloc(sizeof(struct node)); x->g = 2; free(x); x = NULL...
[6 replies] Last: I cared about that unsigned char g in there Memory should only be fr... (by dhayden)
What's wrong with the initializer?

I am trying to create a `std::map` from `std:: string` to a pointer to member function type. I'm initializing the `map` with an initializer list (braced). When ...
[4 replies] Last: #include <string> #include <map> #include <functional> struct A { ... (by JLBorges)
logical Circuit

I am getting error in If statement after (k nor i) "!&" need a ')'. But i Don't know how to fix this-- Pls help! cout<< "\n\n (A and B) xnor((C nor A) nand(...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks All. It's good now (by sshorme)
Both if and else staments are being performed?

I've come across an annoying bug where both my if statement and the following else statement are being done, like so: if(conditionA == true && conditionB ==...
[4 replies] Last: If you have multiple objects you probably end up in the else part for... (by wh1t3crayon)
URGENT just freezes and shuts down?

Alright let's say my program takes in input and puts it into an output.bin file. How would I take the contents of that file and alphabetically sort and display ...
[no replies]
Bubblesorting an Array

Hi I'd like to modify this code so that there is 1000 numbers instead of 100, and that they're sorted in ascending order instead of descending order. Any chance...
[2 replies] Last: How could you change this program so that the programmer can choose to... (by nicoleborg7)
Interpreting GDB output

Been working on a Seg fault for a while now, I've run my program through Valgrind and GDB, I'm having a hard time interpreting the output though. I've include...
[2 replies] Last: Well, I'm using std::unordered_map<std::string, Component*>::find . T... (by closed account 3872Nwbp)
Dynamic Allocation

Ok, so I keep finding all kinds of information on this, and I know how it all works, but my brain is just not wrapping around how to accomplish this.... I want...
[no replies]
How does adlib synthesis work?

It's easy to find the registers of the adlib, but I can't seem to find information on how the output signal is generated. I have the wavetables and basic regist...
[no replies]
by Marc G
Help with assignment please!

Hi This is my first post. I need help with my assignment which I have to do in visual studio using C++. It has to handed in next week. So I`ll be truly gre...
[1 reply] : start with your code, see where you stuck (by anup30)
by biowep
In class static map initialization

Hi, I have a class containing a map member that I want to initialize at declaration time. I know I can do it in the cpp file but I'm having a problem with the o...
[4 replies] Last: I will use the map as a static local variable of a function that retur... (by biowep)
Adding Basic Procedures?

So I am currently in the middle of learning c++ and I decided to jump ahead of the book and tried to do add procedures. My goal is to have main calling other pr...
[5 replies] Last: Hi HalfNOoB, I think you meant to explain to the OP, not to me :+). ... (by TheIdeasMan)
Funny characters

Why is it actually it becoming the funny characters? How can I actually, get rid of it? #include<iostream> #include<stack> #include<string> using names...
[2 replies] Last: when you test the program, when I put back the character, let's say, I... (by farahani)
Towers of Hanoi

Towers of Hanoi The towers of hanoi is a mathematical puzzle invented by Edouard Lucas in 1883. The puzzle consists of three posts and a number of conc...
[3 replies] Last: Any one of those will do. What you need to recognize is that there are... (by Duthomhas)
November 2014 Pages: 1... 1112131415... 32
  Archived months: [oct2014] [dec2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.