General C++ Programming - November 2014 (Page 11)

Is there any code editor, like Notepad++, but with more features? (1,2)

I don't like IDEs much, but I miss some of the features they have, so, I'd like to know if there is a code editor, pretty much like Notepad++, but with a debugg...
[22 replies] Last: @ Little Bobby Tables Sorry, I was grouchy. You were clearly out of i... (by Duthomhas)
wild output from const char array

I have data that is coming into my buffer via popen (process data, not a file). Every seven records is a new set [0-6]. I am trying to 'print out the array line...
[2 replies] Last: Each time through the outer loop you: - read a line into buff - point ... (by dhayden)
While Loop!!!

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO!!!! The following is the code to be used: // PLACE YOUR NAME HERE #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() ...
[no replies]
Prime Number Finder

I am attempting to write code that receives a number from the user and outputs the largest prime number underneath the user's number. There are no errors in my ...
[2 replies] Last: I made some changes, vut I don't know if it will work or not. Good luc... (by jasonwynn10)
Template compilation differences between MSVC and Clang

Hi, I've been writing a game engine in C++ for a little over a year now, and its been really fun so far. I've been focusing on windows support for now (using V...
[1 reply] : The TypeInfo function must be declared before it is referenced. Undef... (by closed account 3hM2Nwbp)
Why is new operator executed at runtime ?

Hello, I am having a hard time understanding the difference between compiletime and runtime. Ex : int a = 10; int b ; int *c = new int ; What the rule...
[5 replies] Last: b will typically take 400 bytes, not 100. (by LB)
Procedural Generation

I want to start playing around with Procedural generation. However, I'm not sure where to start at. Anyone have in ideas about how to create algorithms for gene...
[no replies]
Need Help with constant array size

Hello, this is my coding so far and I am confused to what the constant for array size is //initialize arrays string states ={"Alabama", "Alaska", "Arizona...
[1 reply] : Arrays are indexed starting at 0, so: capital is Montgomery. capital ... (by TheKingOfTyrants)
by anup30
Which Graphics Should I Learn?

hello. i am self learner in C++. i learned basics and few libraries. i heard the words OpenGl, Direct2D/3D, Qt, etc. which one should i learn? do i also need ot...
[3 replies] Last: I've been learning C++ unprofessionally for almost 5 years now. As LB ... (by Ikaron)
I dont know where to go from here TEMPLATES

/* Write a template that accepts an argument and returns its absolute value. The absolute entered by the user, then return the total. The argument sent i...
[8 replies] Last: Finished! (by hoofhamples)
C++ Web Browser?

I’m looking for a way to create a Visual Studio Form Project that can display and monitor an HTML file. Or, maybe I’m looking for a way to create my own we...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks coder, that software looks very interesting at first glance. (by PapaGeek)
BlackJack Scoring

A buddy and I have been working together to try and create a blackjack game for a project we are doing, and while we have a couple of issues we are trying to ge...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for the insight! (by Goose08)
Roots of a Polinomyal Function

So, i`ve been strugling with this program, and got it to work using this idea, but i think it takes too much from the pc and wondered if there was an faster way...
[no replies]
by poteto
How would I use "strip" in code blocks.

I was trying to make boost's serialization use less bytes, and I stumbled upon this, which removes the big debugging symbols: strip --strip-debug or strip...
[1 reply] : Why don't you just compile in release mode so that debugging symbols a... (by LB)
by jaymez
How to read in a txt file and Change Uppercase toLowercase

I have to read multiple text files and change all uppercase to lowercase. i also put in a little extra with finding values and spaces and punctuation. But nothi...
[2 replies] Last: Fix: #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <fstream> #includ... (by jasonwynn10)
operator overloading

I am trying to overload the << operator. Why isn't it working? void operator<<(ostream& out,Array array1) { for(int i=0;i<8;i++) { out<<array1.arr...
[5 replies] Last: okay i got it now (by armonsafai)
by Millet
What is wrong with my functions?

I need this program to average everything input into the array, as well as find the highest and lowest values. Please help! #include <iostream> using n...
[3 replies] Last: Then the lines calculating and printing the average can be pulled out ... (by wildblue)
Need help with a tictactoe game

I need help with this tictactoe game that I have to write up and that is contains 3 files with it 2 .cpp files and 1 .h file. This is the TicTacToeimp.cp...
[1 reply] : If your project should result in one executable, you should only defin... (by tcs)
expected primary-expression before ‘.’ token C++

So i am trying to call my member function which is static from my main function. However, i get the error `expected primary-expression before "." token`. What d...
[1 reply] : `Die' is the name of a type which you're using like a name of an objec... (by tcs)
by kww228
Error 'class' does not name a type.

I am trying to figure out how to fix my error listed in the title, I am getting the error on the implementation of my class name. The error is coming from my p...
[2 replies] Last: Guessing why you have included a cpp http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/ge... (by ne555)
November 2014 Pages: 1... 910111213... 32
  Archived months: [oct2014] [dec2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.