General C++ Programming - May 2015 (Page 16)

Coin Counter

Program that reads a set of integer values entered on the keyboard, counts them like a coin counting machine, and then prints a report containing the subtotal o...
[10 replies] Last: ashgirl112, if you're using DEV C++, hit F9 to compile your program. ... (by Little Captain)
Make constant and convert 2d

I have a long random static alphameric. I want to put into constant arr const randomNumber [ ] =“1bweqwe213lj132" convert it into 2d void make2Darray ...
[1 reply] : I believe this is a matrix type algorithm that you will need. Arrays o... (by nadurraXII)
by Ozzy69
How put string with spaces in a array?

Hi, i'm difficults in put strings with spaces in arrays. Look my code: #include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace std; int main() { s...
[4 replies] Last: you can add an escape sequence... replace getline(cin, aux2); with g... (by nadurraXII)
Beginner array with square root

Write a program that declares an array squares of 50 components of type double. Initialize the array so that the first 25 components are equal to the square of ...
[3 replies] Last: ahh, i get it you can't use the index variable for the the array and y... (by nadurraXII)
Help

I opened c:b but cant find any subject for coding can you suggest some?
[1 reply] : c:b , what are you looking for?? (by nadurraXII)
Please help!

It’s your first day of work at Minnesota Ore Mining, Incorporated (MOM, Inc.) and you have been assigned to a project to develop a semi-automatic ore-loading...
[8 replies] Last: I could probably help. I'm studying descrete mathematics and this loo... (by nadurraXII)
Need Help with Tower of Hanoi

Hi I am a new programmer in C++, and i am working with the recursion in Tower of Hanoi. May somebody explain for me how this code works? Much appreciated. #in...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks men, I am really appreciated that, that code is from my instruc... (by thongbatman)
what is wrong for one line it works for array it doesnt

#include<iostream> #include<fstream> #include<string> using namespace std; const int max = 100; int main() { fstream inputfile("inventory.txt"); str...
[2 replies] Last: also max can't be an array of a string and an int. (by nadurraXII)
Errors setting up DirectX SDK into Visual Studio

Hey guys, I've been trying to set up DirectX into visual studio 2013, and my instructor informed us to add the include and library to directx folder, and he als...
[1 reply] : msdn website. https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desk... (by nadurraXII)
I'm getting an error saying "LINK : fatal error LNK1561: entry point must be defined"

What should I do? Here's my code: #include<iostream> using namespace std; void pattern(int n) { if(n == 1) { cout << '*' << endl; cout << '*' ...
[2 replies] Last: Is that your full code? If so, then that's probably because you don't ... (by closed account 2LzbRXSz)
by LuSkar
OpenMP in Gauss-Jordan

How to parallelize Gauss-Jordan Method with OpenMP? #pragma warning(disable : 4996) #include<stdio.h> int main() { int i,j,k,n; float A ,c,...
[no replies]
Code Review

Here is a program I just started that asks for a name, and then asks the user if they are sure that is the name they want (eventually it will ask them to re ent...
[3 replies] Last: Hi, You could make life easier for yourself by not asking for a std:... (by TheIdeasMan)
Check to see if string is a substring of another.

I'm new to this language and i need a little help. The question asked is to use this function (int indexOf(const string& s1, const string& s2)) to check whether...
[no replies]
Reading size from text file

I have to read in this order, an int and then a string on a text file which contains multiple lines My issue is: I'm guessing eof counts as a char to read? S...
[4 replies] Last: If your condition were correct, then you would have no problem. Even ... (by keskiverto)
What is wrong with my code?

I am to make a code for a calendar as a school project, and I almost have it finished. However, when the application is run, the number of days for the month co...
[2 replies] Last: I fixed that, however I'm still having the same problem.. #include <... (by Coder857)
Accessing data from a nested friend class

Hello forum, I have a question on how to access data from an enclosing class. I have a code similar to, class foo { friend class bar; public: // . ...
[2 replies] Last: ahh ok. oh well, would have been nice. (by armstrhu)
128 bit integer?

Hello, I'm currently solving problem 13 on projecteuler.net and I have a problem. I need to store a variable which is greater than the maximum value for an unsi...
[2 replies] Last: The thing about Project Euler is they're designed to make you think ou... (by Disch)
Reading random words from file using ifstream

Hello World! I am currently writing a password generator in Microsoft Visual Studios 2010 Professional. The section I am having a problem with is the practical...
[no replies]
Overloading >> Operator

Sorry, accidentally edited the post. But I am having trouble overloading the stream extraction operator. Each time I try, I get the following error Can any of...
[9 replies] Last: Yeah, it works here without any problems. (by Gamer2015)
Help with doubly linked list ordering

Hi, This is not the typical " I can't reverse a doubly linked list " post. It actually does reverse the order. But I have one issue. Let's say the list is:...
[2 replies] Last: Ok thanks, I was just asking to make sure. (by cmt9000)
May 2015 Pages: 1... 1415161718... 22
  Archived months: [apr2015] [jun2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.