General C++ Programming - May 2014 (Page 25)

Questions on Heartbleed .

Body: Lately we built a Chrome Extension called Ballloon, which enables people to save any files on webpages they need directly and quickly to Dropbox or Goog...
[3 replies] Last: Why was fafner 's post reported? Another heartbleed explanation: htt... (by Duthomhas)
long decimal interger

I do not understand this problem. I am trying to print out 2^1000. I am not entirely sure on how to implement the constructor. I currently just have x.push_ba...
[6 replies] Last: Yes, an unsigned int usually can handle up to 2^32, and type unsign... (by Chervil)
by dd76
static function

I have some global map and a global function to find the num of the name. const std::map<std::string, int> name_to_num_map = boost::assign::map_list_of("d...
[2 replies] Last: What makes you think that this is a special case? The name_to_num is ... (by keskiverto)
Turbo C++ 4.5 giving wrong output for correct programming code to give the sum of following series : 1 + 1/1! + 1/2! +...

My Turbo C++ 4.5 is giving incorrect result for the following programming code which is meant to sum the series 1 + 1/1! + 1/2! + 1/3! upto 'n' terms.It gives ...
[5 replies] Last: Well, thanks. The problem has been resolved. :) (by navtikasharma)
project combing arrays, pointers and structures

Hi, this is the exercise: Write a program that uses a record structure to store a Student Name, Student ID, Test Scores, Average Test Score, and Grade. The prog...
[2 replies] Last: So when you cout do you do something like cout<<avg or cout<<avg ? if... (by Khajit)
Problems with CMake

I'm having trouble with a CMake Script I'm writing. I want to make it easier to change settings and generate a makefile, so I wrote this: http://pastebin.co...
[4 replies] Last: no, the problem was that I was modifying the CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS variabl... (by IWishIKnew)
Two Paths

This is a quite nooby question, but is there any way to have the program control go sone two paths at once? For example: if my program has two functions, one th...
[4 replies] Last: Not to mention how amazingly complex things become once you start to m... (by helios)
homework about DTR Daily Time record help me please

How will I add the existing content of the text file to the newly inputed date(hoursworked & minsWorked) to compute the total number of hours works please help ...
[no replies]
by ars430
Concise main() body using functions

Hi, for my current programming assignment, i have to make the main body of the program below (which calculates the square root of a integer using the babylonian...
[1 reply] : Functions are just the next step. You've got some basic flow control g... (by Duthomhas)
function that accepts an integer and returns a string?

How to go about making a function that accepts an integer and returns a string with any one of 5 strings containing the name of the object. For example object n...
[4 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <vector> #include <cst... (by JLBorges)
what's wrong with this program?

My main program ends abruptly when this function is in it: void provideHelpIfNecessary(void) { char answer; cout <<"Do you need help (Y/N)? :"; ...
[8 replies] Last: Yes! It works good now. Thank you! (by fizanimtiaz93)
by PadMad
rotating pixel field

Hey, I wrote a script that generates n random pixel positions and draws them to the screen. Works well. Now i tried to rotate them. Rotating does work too. B...
[13 replies] Last: Hey, Just wanted to let you know, that i solved the problem. It was a... (by PadMad)
Preprocessor arithmetic

Im not sure how preprocessor arithmetic works, but if i had this for example: #define SCREEN_SCALE ( ( ( SCREEN_WIDTH / 640 ) + ( SCREEN_HEIGHT / 480 ) ) / ...
[2 replies] Last: Thats what i did after i posted this actually, i just wasnt sure becau... (by SuperStinger)
Too many arguments for functions

Hi all This is more a design problem than a programming one Ive done some reading and it seems that having a function with more than 3 or 4 arguments is s...
[10 replies] Last: Ahaha, please spare my life for that i am only C weakling! ;) Cheers ... (by SuperStinger)
Left over arguments when calling function pointers

Hi all Say I have a function pointer with this definition: void ( *pressFunc ) ( void*, void* ); And i did this function: void functionWithOneArg ( void*...
[2 replies] Last: Cheers for that, just a curious question :) (by SuperStinger)
read file resulting in empty string

Hello everyone! I'm stuck over something for a project, and this is actually the last part >_> Here's the string of code; fstream my_file_1; T=""; ...
[no replies]
by plimo
Easy for you , very hard for me......aid !

Easy for you , very hard for me......aid ! I want a programming compression software (Huffman coding) in c++ , but I have a problem. my question is very imp...
[no replies]
by mbw290
linked list of linked list

I am trying to write a home made database, and my approach is to use a linked list of linked lists. The first linked list is the db and the underlying linked l...
[2 replies] Last: Each table can have multiple data types. For example one table has a ... (by mbw290)
I/O- Copying dataFile, functions, structs, pointers.

Hello all, my assignment is to write a program that will read 10 records into a dataFile. Also, I have to create a dataFile that has my full name, course name, ...
[no replies]
LinkedList 'Set' function

I'm trying to write a function called 'set' that sets the value of the i'th cell to val on my linkedList, and then returns the previous contents. I am stuck on ...
[7 replies] Last: I learned something valuable then, I made the changes & it's fine now.... (by closed account S3TkoG1T)
May 2014 Pages: 1... 2324252627... 31
  Archived months: [apr2014] [jun2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.