General C++ Programming - May 2014 (Page 24)

Help me please teach me how to delete a data on a txt file?

I'm doing a daily time record that record every inputed date on a txt file how will have an option or how will I delete a some of the choosen date? i'm using C+...
[1 reply] : Load the entire file into memory. Modify the memory. Overwrite the fil... (by Duthomhas)
How to read,edit a csv file and continue from last log-in?

Hi im working on a program that will do several mathematical calculation and will store the data into a csv file.The one below is just a prototype version of ...
[6 replies] Last: I got it..In a slightly different way..Thank anyway for ur help :) #... (by Gowtham13)
Where is the problem in this code ???

warning C4700: uninitialized local variable 'currentTime' used srand((unsigned int)time(0)); ///// is unsigned because wont compile in Visual C++ ti...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks, seems to be working so far :) (by Cbasic88)
Why every first function of each file get error of"Multiple Definition of 'void pointer'"

I declared all functions in header file, such as: bool readCase(); bool meshing(); bool readMesh(); bool calculateFlowfield(); bool readFlowfield(); bool c...
[14 replies] Last: Thanks, JLBorges, I made the mistake again! (by northfly)
String Manipulator. Im Lost!

I need to do a code that gave me Original string, uppercase string, lowercase string, reverse string (if letter is upper then convert to lower, and if lower the...
[4 replies] Last: @long double main My bad then.:p (by Drrockso)
by Nonlin
Change value of instance variables from another class?

I'm trying to change the values of some instance variables in my Controller Class so that when the user inserts values into main class it changes for Controller...
[2 replies] Last: Well as stated earlier in main I have Controller* con = new Controller... (by Nonlin)
Instruction and Guidance needed

Okay, so I got the gist of an array, but when it comes to vectors I'm kinda clueless... well... not kinda, I'm a nOOb... Anyhow,I wanna change rooms, dirs, ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks, that was good help (broke it down barney style haha)... Actual... (by Beirut Papa)
by Kingv
final project for class

here is the updated version of the code, btw I transfer object into inventory because one is the item and the other is the inventory of the person after having ...
[2 replies] Last: Lines 43-51: These lines are begging for a loop. All case labels: ... (by AbstractionAnon)
A math problem / challenge (PIC32)

I'm trying to come up with a simple function to do basically frequency division / multiplication. This will be written in C running on a PIC32, but doesn't real...
[no replies]
How to make a C++ program without a console or window?

So, I am just wondering, how do I make a program without the console, but have it able to do events and things. Would this be done in WINAPI?
[no replies]
Help with Arrays: Airline Seating Program

Ok here I am again looking for some help. I'm at a loss and do not know why this console program is not working. Here is what it is SUPPOSED to do: Allow the u...
[7 replies] Last: Ok. This is what I did instead. I'm not even giving the option of look... (by dub1987)
by nysp10
Help with infix/postfix

I'm writing a program that reads in a mathematical expression from a user ands stores the expression in a string, then it parses the expression into tokens and ...
[3 replies] Last: Line 83 - shouldn't you be pushing "value" onto infix here? I don't se... (by norm b)
Could someone help me with this problem please?

I am working on a project covering pages 459-466 of C++11 for Programmers by Paul and Harvey Deitel, using Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2013. It involves fi...
[no replies]
deleting an element of an array.help me please.

I can't understand. this is a program to get an 10 characters including a-z, A-Z, and _ . then this program will cout the text with out _ ! example: cin >> ...
[1 reply] : Please do not cross post. http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/13... (by AbstractionAnon)
by tyeung
Issue with \n in output

Hello. I have the following debug statement in my code: #ifdef printf("testing \n") #endif When i run the code in debug mode, instead of having ou...
[8 replies] Last: If it doesn't help, you should see if there is a forum about Chinese W... (by Duthomhas)
by Kingv
help with project

everything works properly except the final for loop which outputs the information stored in copyarray after you have moved the information from array to copyarr...
[10 replies] Last: Thank you very much for all of your help once again, it compiles and d... (by Kingv)
by Bolbi
SFML - sf::rectangle wont show up..? (1,2)

I have a project, in thia, a warrior fights against an archer. The problem is, that everytime I texture.loadFromFile("sword.png") , for getting my sword, ...
[21 replies] Last: ok, I tried it, if I remove everything out of the void CArcher::setC... (by Bolbi)
"Recompilation"?

I have this code. // "something.txt" std::cout << "Hello!"; // "main.cpp" int main() { #include "something.txt" } Then I compile and get an execut...
[6 replies] Last: yes if you include LUA scripts with your program then any changes made... (by Little Bobby Tables)
Help with functions returning values (1,2,3)

I am fairly new to programming, but a fast learner. I have an assignment in my C++ class that is to create a menu based coffee shop program. Here is what I have...
[59 replies] Last: wildblue. Help please! http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/131374/#... (by dub1987)
Converting string from a txt file to int?

How will I add the existing content of the text file to the newly inputed date(hoursworked & minsWorked) to compute the total number of hours works please help ...
[6 replies] Last: Are you trying to keep a running total of the hours or are you trying ... (by dub1987)
May 2014 Pages: 1... 2223242526... 31
  Archived months: [apr2014] [jun2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.