General C++ Programming - May 2014 (Page 23)

running eclipse and getting a bunch of errors! HELP

Hello, Im making a program on eclipse(linux), and getting a bunch of errors... type string couldn't be resolved symbol std couldn't be resolved unresolved in...
[9 replies] Last: It depends on your distribution I guess but look for a package named g... (by Peter87)
Conversions between inteter primitive data types

Hi, In my platform (Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits with Service Pack 1 over a compatible PC with a AMD x86 microprocessor), the next sample C++ code, #include <...
[4 replies] Last: n3337: http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2012/n3337.p... (by JLBorges)
Binary operatos

What is faster : if(x==y) //numbers are equal or if(!x^y) //numbers are equal ?
[5 replies] Last: faster is EXAMPLE: if(a == b) { //Function } (by stefke1998)
Printing unspecified set of numbers

Hi, I was wondering, how are we able to print out a random number (after using srand() and rand() ) - where you there is an unspecified amount of variables ...
[1 reply] : It all depends on your imagination; and capabilities - if you don't kn... (by closed account j3Rz8vqX)
creating unbuffered, invisible routine for unix

so im working with threads, and i want to make it so that whenever someone hits a letter, for example, 'q', it performs an action, such as quit. i can do this q...
[1 reply] : noecho() (by ne555)
Floating Point Numbers + C

#include<stdio.h> #include<conio.h> float square(float); void main() { clrscr(); float a,b; printf("ENter a Number"); scanf("%f",&a); pri...
[1 reply] : Not a Number. It means the input couldn't be interpreted as a floating... (by helios)
Almost done! I just need help looping back to the start.

I've got my ATM machine running pretty smoothly except for enabling the user to retry entering their pin. If it's incorrect the program just shuts down but I'd ...
[5 replies] Last: for clarity, I suggest moving the specific cases (options you have for... (by signal0009)
How to read from a text file whoms name i do not know

Hi guys, I frequently come to this forum for help but have never posted. I currently have an assignment in which i have to initialize a string and assign this ...
[1 reply] : If you have the input in a string, just pass that as the parameter and... (by Zhuge)
Finding the maximum

Can anyone tell me the syntax to find the maximum of a function over the interval a≤x≤b starting at a with a step size of Δx ?
[1 reply] : Create std:vector<double> values (or array of size (b-a)/delta_x + 1).... (by prestokeys)
Passing dynamic array to a function

Hello, I am trying to pass a dynamic array to a function which will: - Copy the contents of the array to a temporary dynamic array - Change the array passed in ...
[2 replies] Last: -Created an array equal to that of old array. -Zero out new array. -Co... (by closed account j3Rz8vqX)
College courses question

I just got done taking CS I and CS II and as of now I have two openings for my Fall schedule and three classes to pick from. I thought maybe someone would have...
[1 reply] : data structures is a good class for learning about containers which ar... (by pepstein)
by ggok
Backtracking ?

Hello. I actually understand recursion and how it works but im having some difficulties in backtracking exercies. ..#.# ..### #..## #.##. #.... If a fan ...
[1 reply] : Pass seat they will hear shout from in addition to seat which hears th... (by MiiNiPaa)
quicksort logic?

hello, i need to figure out what is going on step by step here, so if i were to be given a small list of roughly 10 numbers, i would be able to write them in h...
[4 replies] Last: @ chiefsosa1 I don't have time to explain right now. I'll do it a lit... (by Duthomhas)
Program to categorize inputs into bucket values

Okay so here is the assignment: The program does the following: 1. first prompt the user to find out how many bucket values are there. You may assume there is...
[no replies]
newbie for C++ want to know what happening in this program specially in last part why rectres and rectparam created??

// friend functions #include <iostream> using namespace std; class CRectangle { int width, height; public: void set_values (int, int); in...
[6 replies] Last: ok...i will try my best..thanks.. (by sourabh9890)
Maze traversal

I am creating a maze game that is to be traversed and solved by the machine. I have created a maze class that contains the starting and ending positions of the ...
[1 reply] : not much point in double-posting mate. (by mutexe)
Question: what is wrong with following program?

I m doing the question and have to identify what is wrong with following program? const int lineLength = 72; cout<<"Enter a new value for lineLength:"; ci...
[5 replies] Last: @kusoipro Please don't do people's homework for them. It doesn't hel... (by MikeyBoy)
by Medino
I need a good direction and a advice.

I'm trying to write a code that will give me two solutions one for x and one for y. The equation is the following x^2+4=y^3 The solution for y is y=(...
[1 reply] : First of all you should make sure that your code works correctly. 1) ... (by MiiNiPaa)
Sum of the series: x +x^2/2!+x^4/4!+x^6/6!+...output problem.

My Turbo C++ 4.5 is giving incorrect result for the following programming code which is meant to sum the series x + x^2/2! + x^4/4! + x^6/6! upto 'n' terms.It ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks, abhishekm71. :) Resolved. :) (by navtikasharma)
Anyone help me with this Failure.

Why happens this failure? #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> #include <string> using namespace std; struct Budget //declare a global type { ...
[1 reply] : Are you referring to line 104: Budget difference = (set_budget, get_s... (by BHX)
May 2014 Pages: 1... 2122232425... 31
  Archived months: [apr2014] [jun2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.