General C++ Programming - May 2014 (Page 21)

Problem with BGI Graphics Library!

drawing.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _showerrorbox referenced in function "struct WindowData * __cdecl BGI__GetWindowDataPtr(struct HWND__ *...
[1 reply] : You probably need to add it as a link library. If you don't know how, ... (by TwilightSpectre)
by antmjr
const directive in a method of a class

Hi all. Maybe my question is somewhat basic, I apologize in the case. I have coded the usual class for matrix manipulation. Following an example, I wrote: ...
[10 replies] Last: thank you so much! what an idiot I was, it seems so evident now! (by antmjr)
by Kubani
FLTK, creating a rounded box

Hi guys, The problem says: Draw a box with rounded corners. Define a class Box, consisting of four lines and four arcs. So I wrote the below code for that e...
[5 replies] Last: >The problem is attach() in d_l(). Why is this necessary? If there is... (by Kubani)
Class header file and code file

Where do you write the code of a class after declaring properties and methods (only declaring) in a header file? In a code file (.cpp) or in the same header fil...
[2 replies] Last: > or in the same header file where you've written the skeleton? In tha... (by ne555)
by helnow
OpenGl

Can someone explain or link me to a site that could help me install and set up Opengl and glut in C++ Windows I looked everywhere and i was not successful i...
[2 replies] Last: I am just having problems with setting it up, i believe i have all the... (by helnow)
3d programming

I am an intermediate c++ programmer that does text based games. I don't want to keep making text based games, i want to move onto 3d games. The only problem is ...
[3 replies] Last: I totally agree about starting with 2D games. One of the things about ... (by admkrk)
File Input Stream Not Loading

#include <cstdlib> #include <stdio.h> #include <string> #include <fstream> #include <iostream> #include <sstream> using namespace std; int main(int ...
[7 replies] Last: is there any way I can change my getline() function to store the whol... (by Daleth)
Random pick without repeats

What I'm trying to do is to have the program pick random people for different jobs. The user enters the number of people, then, enters both jobs and the people'...
[3 replies] Last: Keep unpicked people at the front of the array, and picked people at t... (by Duthomhas)
Three Parallel Arrays

Hi, I'm new to this forum, so im sorry if i do not ask for help correctly, i am taking a c++ class online and i have to do a program with arrays and i just cann...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for your reply, and sorry man I haven't had that much time to l... (by Rogdrik)
by spat
Loops and vectors

This is a pretty basic issue that I am embarrassingly stumped on. I am reading in lines in a file and pushing those lines in a vector of char array. The vec...
[2 replies] Last: You should also avoid magic numbers like "265938" and "1024." Also why... (by giblit)
Random generator generates same numbers each time?

The user thinks of a number from 0 to 100 and the program tries to guess it. The problem is, I'm new to random numbers and use a function to generate them that ...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks everybody, it works! (by Just Me)
Anyone noticed this problem, compiling detours program?

Hai good day, I had this challenge. I was trying to make a dll using the #include "detour.h" program. Now here is what, I wrote the code correctly from what I ...
[1 reply] : You'll need to post your code. (by kbw)
Urgently C++ help needed. Need a code, I have very basic knowledge of c++ if any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Urgently C++ help needed. Trying to to develop a C++ program for the Game of Life restricted to a finite board (n ✕ n). Need a general idea of creating const...
[1 reply] : Have you done anything yet that you could show everybody so you can ge... (by football52)
Why is C++ faster than [IMPUT LANGUAGE NAME]?

all programing languages are turned to 1s and 0s so why would C++ be faster than [IMPUT LANGUAGE NAME] ?
[10 replies] Last: I had a big reply typed up... .but forget it. This is not worth it. ... (by Disch)
by homing
Getter Setter & Performance

Hey, Until now I've always used Getter/Setter in C++ like in Java to get a value from another class. int number; public int getNumber() { return ...
[5 replies] Last: Chances are your compiler will just optimize it, and it will have 0 ov... (by closed account N36fSL3A)
Multiplication using two characters array of size 40!

Hello, i am developing a program which should multiply two character arrays of length of 40 treating as signed numbers for example: char arr = {'-', '1','2',...
[2 replies] Last: Use long multiplication: char num1 = "-123"; char num2 = "20"; char... (by MiiNiPaa)
C++ with MySql quick (stupid) question

Hi I am planning to integrate a (Qt) C++ application (Windows based) with MySQL database. I am just starting off with databases. Sorry I am not much conversant...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks a lot for your help. I shall go with SQLite! (by abhishekm71)
Why is this code crashing ? and how do I put a limit of 100 questions to be outputted ?

Why is this code crashing ? and how do I put a limit of 100 questions to be outputted but not for the test to end ? Also this doesn't seem to be randomizing ...
[11 replies] Last: @Cbasic88: c++11 is almost like a whole new language. its the revised ... (by Little Bobby Tables)
Sorting help

I have a class set up to take in an item name, weight, and cost. I want to be able to sort the output different ways. Bubble sort the weight, Selection Sort by ...
[8 replies] Last: Figured out the sorting code. (by Paul Christopher)
by marcr
Converting to C++ HELP

I've been working on an assignment for a few days now and I'm growing more and more frustrated. The program is not finding the right answer and I can't figure o...
[1 reply] : Could you be a bit more specific as to what the right answer might be?... (by admkrk)
May 2014 Pages: 1... 1920212223... 31
  Archived months: [apr2014] [jun2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.