General C++ Programming - May 2014 (Page 19)

hang man

this is sort of a lengthy program but essentialy my problem is i can not get the program to build or run. it comes up with no errors and just says build:0sucess...
[4 replies] Last: It is always picking the same word because THE_WORD = words ; // wor... (by admkrk)
operator>>

So for this function, I'm trying to take an input (may be a user input or an input file) and put that into a variable. The function: istream & operator>>(istr...
[2 replies] Last: Alright I did a project that had to overload input/output in my first ... (by requiem31)
Text File and Input Data

Hi, I'm having the upmost hardest time doing this program that basically validates the user's input with a text file. The text file is like so and below that...
[2 replies] Last: @jlborges Thank you so much for your help! (by ihatefinals)
Detect if a letter key is pressed?

How would I detect if any letter key is pressed. Would I have to use GetAsyncKeyState() for every letter key? Or could I have some kind of loop going through al...
[6 replies] Last: Thanks for the help. I used this to get it working. for (int i = 'A'... (by Bingocat4)
Need help

I need help with this program i dont know how to do the function part here is the question. "Write a program that calculates the hypotenuse of a right triangle....
[4 replies] Last: All you did was remove the calculation and add the prototype I gave yo... (by admkrk)
Data validation for vowels and consonants

Hey folks- I'm trying to make a function that verifies if the char entered is consonant, if not, prompts user to enter another char and when it meets the cri...
[1 reply] : Untested, but I think this is right: const std::string Vowels = "aeio... (by long double main)
Radix Sort

I'm having trouble implementing my radix sort program on the main .cpp file. Here is what the radix header file looks like:: #include <vector> #include <queu...
[1 reply] : Why don't you try printing the contents of your vector before you ac... (by long double main)
AnsiString to number? conversion problems (using borland builder)

I am having a world of problems of what i thought to be rather simple. Edit1->Text = "123401278034987120478102873401982734"; Now Edit1->Text is an AnsiSt...
[1 reply] : As you correctly said, the value is too big for an integer. It really ... (by Chervil)
Wrapping a native API takes a ridiculous amount of time!

Title^. Just wrapping WIN32 is a pain. But I'm learning a shit load about windows in doing so. Designing good software is hard. Even though I can create any gui...
[13 replies] Last: guess I need to do more research. Optimization... (by DeXecipher)
How do I create a uml diagram for this code?

I need to create a UML class diagram for this code private: GradedActivity *grades ; public: void setLab(GradedActivity *activity) { grades = act...
[1 reply] : http://lmgtfy.com/?q=uml+diagramming+tool (by DeXecipher)
by akmhc
Simple program ideas.

I need to make a simple C++ program for a class project. The project MUST make use of the following C++ elements: i) Loops and user input ii) Functions ii...
[6 replies] Last: But where would you use a 2D array in a login system? Have it store m... (by Avilius)
Recursive function for computing total route

How to do recursive function for the following? RecursiveComputeRouteDistance(p1index,p2index,locations,latitudes,longitudes): recursively computes the tota...
[2 replies] Last: Sounds like the base case in this problem would be when you come down ... (by wildblue)
Error with quick_sort algorithm

Today, I have coded using quick-sort algorithm. But it caused an error on my computer. Can somebody help me fix the code. #include<iostream> #include<fstream> ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you. My error is *.exe has stop working. I have known how to fix... (by selohcs)
by f1995
help~!

hello everyone, im stuck in this question: For example, 10002 is the first 5-digit number that is divisible by by 3. And 10005 is the second 5-digit number ...
[6 replies] Last: Well if you cant figure that out by yourself I highly recommend you ch... (by requiem31)
Run time error like this?

*** Error in `/home/david/Work/KeplerSpace/T101_FirstAll/Debug/T101_FirstAll': double free or corruption (out): 0x000000000202fea0 *** My program running run...
[3 replies] Last: Ok, I got it, Thanks Peter! (by northfly)
c++ read basic html page

hi, im trying to make a simple c++ program that will read some text in the html page. here is the source of the html i want to read. <html> <body> ...
[7 replies] Last: @JLBorge thanks for the example, but it is for getting file. I will j... (by hacknayan)
Trouble Merging

I'm trying to merge two files, The Adpoted.txt, and The Originals.txt, into one file, The Big Picture.txt. I'm compiling and getting an insane amount of errors,...
[2 replies] Last: Yeah....sorry about that. I probably should have posted on the Beginne... (by jerkface)
Longest prefix of a string.

Given a string containing symbols '<' and '>' I need to find the longest prefix string.e.g. <<>> gives 4 >< gives 0 <>>> gives 2 Note: Every > must belong...
[no replies]
by DW7
How exactly to specify that FILE* is 64bit, regardless if I define the appl to be 32 or 64 bit?

Is it defined by the language (like in some header file) or the environment of development? I intend to try it with VS 2013 on a Win 7 64 bit. Thanks
[1 reply] : im sorry could you please expand upon what you mean? because the file ... (by Little Bobby Tables)
by quayda
.exe has stopped working...

I'm pretty new to programming, and this program runs, but when I am able to enter the batting record, the console is presented with a Windows error ".exe has st...
[2 replies] Last: Well, I was able to figure out the console issue. Now I'm just trying ... (by quayda)
May 2014 Pages: 1... 1718192021... 31
  Archived months: [apr2014] [jun2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.