General C++ Programming - May 2014 (Page 16)

Before and After Sorting Net Pay

I'm working on a program for payroll that will calculate and display a list of payroll variables (including net pay) then run again sorting the net pay. So the...
[2 replies] Last: Got it. Thanks much I knew it was nothing major but I couldn't quite ... (by Moonshine2183)
array of objects

I need an array of class objects but am unsure of how one might accomplish this. I have so far... //element class driver code Element Arsenic(lowCeiling,...
[2 replies] Last: This would still leave me with the same problem of having to operate o... (by camouser1s)
by Cienjz
Class Question

could anyone tell me which one of these is legal/illegal? and what's the difference in each of them? Vector Vector::operator+(Vector v); Vector Vector::o...
[2 replies] Last: They are all technically legal declarations on their own, but only the... (by Cubbi)
Dynamic Memory Limit with operator new

Hi, In my platform, Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits with Service Pack 1 over a x86-64 AMD microprocessor, AMD Phenom II 1090T X6, with a total of 4 GBytes of RAM ...
[5 replies] Last: I just wanted to add that Windows partitions your virtual memory into ... (by Computergeek01)
error2019

error ////////////////// Error 1 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "class std::basic_ostream<char,struct std::char_traits<char> > & __cdecl operator<<(c...
[2 replies] Last: I want both function (<< operator and Print max )to be a global functi... (by Rana39993)
by Kubani
How to send a Rectangle to a function which takes a rectangle argument, in C++ (1,2)

Hello guys, Consider I have a rectangle like this: Point p1(100,100); Point p2(300,200); Graph_lib::Rectangle r(p1,p2); And also I have a function ...
[24 replies] Last: Thanks again. And I appreciate your help. Very kind of you. (by Kubani)
Class for Credit Cards

I need a little help with this class that I am working on for a group project. Here is the assignment: Car Rental System 1. Cars should already be available...
[6 replies] Last: Note, don't forget the credit card's security code. It's a 3-4 digit c... (by ResidentBiscuit)
cursor limit in c++

Hi can I ask for your help. Basically I want a program that accepts a student number, a cellphone number and a birthday. So the student number has 10 digits, I ...
[3 replies] Last: Char is a datatype, Ncurses a whole library meant for building fancy U... (by ResidentBiscuit)
Trouble with simple regex

I'm having some trouble getting a caret ( ^ ) to work as the beginning of a line: http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/regex/ECMAScript/ std::string str = ...
[6 replies] Last: This regex library has been available to C++ programmers as boost.rege... (by Cubbi)
Programming Help

There is a lake with 3 different types of fishes living in it: “red”, “green” and “blue”. In the beginning of the first year 50% of fishes were “r...
[7 replies] Last: while (initial_state <=0) The initial_state is holding the number o... (by wildblue)
FInd the largest number

im trying to write a source code that find the smallest, largest and average of numbers in array. the code runs fine, but it is not giving the highest number an...
[5 replies] Last: Or: #include <limits> int largest = std::numeric_limits<int>::mi... (by keskiverto)
by JOLO
vector person

Hi, i rly like to ask u for help with myprogram. my program shoudl load informations about person from .txt file and cout them to console. Txt file has format ...
[4 replies] Last: ok i got it (by JOLO)
Downgarding from VC++ Professional to Enterprise

I have a project that was created with VC++ 6.0 Enterprise Edition. Now I have Professional Edition installed and I can't run this application. I get a messag...
[5 replies] Last: This will help you, saves me typing it all ;-) http://social.msdn.m... (by Codermik)
Matrices and Vectors

Hey guys, I'm new to vectors and I'm trying to do something but I'm completely stuck. I have 2 multidimensional arrays (matrices) with 3 rows and 5 cols so ...
[2 replies] Last: I think this is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you! (by aseylys)
C++ General Question

In the following code what do this line mean? p = (int *) 10; int j = 5; int *p = &j; int &k = j; p = (int *) 10; cout << " j = " << j << " K = " << k ...
[1 reply] : It assigns to the pointer p the memory address "10". So line 5 (whe... (by long double main)
BST iterative insert for binary search tree

Hello! I'm writing the function as described in the title but it isn't quite working. It works as long as the value passed is less than the parent (going ...
[1 reply] : [code firstline=34]if (child->data < parent->data) parent->left = c... (by naraku9333)
Move assignment warning with virtual inheritance

Can someone tell me how to get rid of the compiler warning for this code? #include <memory> class LivingBeing { int ID; public: LivingBeing() = d...
[4 replies] Last: built-in move assignment just moves the bases in order, so built-in M... (by Cubbi)
Sorting from match data

say I have person 1 to person 1024 Let's say I want to sort them from smartest to dumbest I have very few data say person 1 is smarter than person 23 ...
[4 replies] Last: @iQChange I am sorry the title is misleading but the perfect sort orde... (by rmxhaha)
by Exad
[Visual Studio] stdio.h?

Well I decided to get into C++ because it seemed like a fun project over the summer, and in the tutorials whilst using the hello world program example, it would...
[9 replies] Last: Thanks! (by Exad)
Symbol balancing

I write a programme for symbol balancing but there is problem with this... anyone to help! plz comment.... MAIN FILE #include <iostream> #include "Sta...
[no replies]
May 2014 Pages: 1... 1415161718... 31
  Archived months: [apr2014] [jun2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.