General C++ Programming - May 2014 (Page 15)

Help with sorting algorithm

Hey guys, I have an school assignment that asks me to measure the most famous sorting algorithms for performance in terms of number of steps and CPU running ...
[4 replies] Last: Smac89 is right. I should have said that you should count the number o... (by dhayden)
Please help me with this POO

I don't understand the problem, please help me !! It ougth to calculate the distance betwin two point (p1,p2) "main.cpp" #include "distancia.h" void mai...
[4 replies] Last: Ohhhhh thaks REALLY ALL THE PROBLEMS HAD DISAPPEAR !!! =) =) =) =) =... (by jonanderdiez)
by scooke
Live Console Logging

I have a log file that is constantly updated every several milliseconds. It contains lines that either start with a 1 or a 0. I am trying to read it from the be...
[7 replies] Last: Open file. Read till the end. Remember end position. Close file. Wait.... (by MiiNiPaa)
String processing?

I have this sample std::string : /home/njqqaj/FT/5.2.1/ Now, I have the position of the F in FT ... I need to be able to process the string between t...
[3 replies] Last: You can kind of skip the contains() function altogether. size_t... (by Duthomhas)
I need help for a C++ program

I have a coursework to pass a lecture. There's more than 3 years that I didnt program anything (and 3 years before I was using Java, not C++) and I have to do t...
[11 replies] Last: @ Duoas I agree (by Codermik)
inheritance problem with link error

this is my code it is not yet complete. #ifndef FILE_H #define FILE_H #include<iostream> #include<string> using namespace std; class file { prote...
[3 replies] Last: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/113904/#msg622050 ¿where is th... (by ne555)
Sorting First and Last Name with Netpay

So my ongoing work sorting my net pay program continues. At this point I've got it working to the point where it sorts the net pay and only the net pay. I've ...
[5 replies] Last: :O) The worry is whether or not your professor will agree... (by Duthomhas)
sorting and searching with bubbelsort (GUI

Hey. Need help with my final school assignment in c + + course! I'll make a program that consists of "sorting and searching." To cope with the task, it should ...
[1 reply] : I am surprised that your assignment is supposed to be a GUI program. ... (by Duthomhas)
by DW7
How exactly to specify that FILE* is 64bit?

And I mean regardless if I define the application to be 32 or 64 bit? Is it defined by the language (like in some header file) or the environment/target of dev...
[7 replies] Last: It's not Microsoft fault, windows has full support for large files, it... (by modoran)
rand()

I used rand()function in the following code but in every time running of my program I took same results. why? it's strange for me because this function must pro...
[2 replies] Last: In some cases having the same results each time lets you know what to ... (by vaportrack)
multiple nested member function?

In the below code I'm having trouble calculating the algebraic equation on the line marked with &&&. I attempt to calculate it both within the member function E...
[1 reply] : Please use code tags: [co de] Your code [/co de] Read this: http://w... (by coder777)
problem in 8puzzle programm

Hi everyone, I am working on 8 puzzle problem. tell me is there any error in this code. when i run this code for some input then after few seconds it stop wo...
[6 replies] Last: it's fin.fail() in fourth line of main function. and no problem with f... (by Hamad mahmood)
Help with Printing string in reverse order

Hey guys I am new at c++ I was just wondering if someone could show me how to print a string in reverse order(for example: "today is Wednesday " to "Wednesday i...
[1 reply] : #include <iostream> #include <sstream> #include <string> std::strin... (by MiiNiPaa)
Access violation reading location

I'm trying to make a menu object in SFML. So far all I've added is the ability to add buttons with text inside of them. I store the buttons in a vector and then...
[1 reply] : In the event that anyone else ever reads this the solution can be foun... (by RadWayne)
Dynamic Library Issue

I am trying to use smfl with code blocks, and I get weird errors when I try to use static SFML libraries. So, instead, I tried dynamic libraries, moved all the ...
[2 replies] Last: Kinda sounds like the DLL was built with a different version of MinGW. (by helios)
Students

Create an application to manipulate an array of student record objects. A student record will consist of a name (first, middle, and last), an ID number (9 numer...
[1 reply] : Are you asking for help or...? (by football52)
Can anybody tell me why this code doesnt work?

#include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace std; int simulationMenu(); int cointoss(int &win, int &loss); void PickMarbles(char marbles , i...
[3 replies] Last: I don't think xismn can be any clearer. You aren't calling functions i... (by BHX)
i get stick with this problem *help please*

hi there, i deal with exception handling problem >> the problem said rewrite the code *below* to continues to devide two numbers until the user enters the ch...
[2 replies] Last: What is your problem? (by xismn)
Help allowing for user input of equation to be evaluated

I've written a program that finds the maximum of a function. I now want to change it a little so that instead of evaluating the function y=x^2-7x-18, the progra...
[3 replies] Last: The common letter for 'a' is 'm' ;o) But seriously, recursive desc... (by Duthomhas)
char isn't transferring in my function

In my classification function, the char isn't transferring to main. Am i suppose to make it a string. Or perhaps something else i messed up on #include <iost...
[10 replies] Last: gotcha thanks again everyone! (by bmccormack)
May 2014 Pages: 1... 1314151617... 31
  Archived months: [apr2014] [jun2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.