General C++ Programming - May 2012 (Page 2)

void function(???)

Is there anyway to make a function like this, and what would I use in place of the question marks: void function(???) ... ... function(variableA == 1); .....
[2 replies] Last: Thanks (by BrokenSilenceDev)
Integers in a function

If I call to a function, void MyFunction() and in that function, a variable that is declared inside the function, not received from the main function, is chan...
[2 replies] Last: Depends on the storage duration of the variable. #include <iostream>... (by JLBorges)
How can i make .exe programs with c++

I Just want to make a program that is similar to microsoft encater and my own media player. Is it possible to do it with c++? aPART FROM C++, Which programs sho...
[2 replies] Last: To make the *.exe file you just compile the program using Visual Studi... (by BrokenSilenceDev)
preprocessor directives

Hi. Please clarify. What kind of compilation errors can ocurr if I repeat the same pre-processor directives (such as # include <iostream>, <string>, etc.) on...
[2 replies] Last: Oh one more piece of advice: If you have a class declaration in a hea... (by Stewbond)
field has incomplete type

Hello, I believe that I have some sort of circular inclusion error in my code, and the error I am getting is: field 'm_advArray1' has incomplete type This ...
[10 replies] Last: Using pointers isn't so bad. It has all kinds of advantages, from lat... (by kbw)
by JJJSSS
Need help with outputting integers as arrays to a file

I can't get the list of numbers from my input file to output as a list of arrays in the output file (nothing even gets outputted to the file) #include <iostr...
[19 replies] Last: You helped me realize some things, so I figured it out on my own. I m... (by JJJSSS)
can any one tell me what this is??

0 [RG ;*cy�Se �1���[� W>4� �� bn i was trying to hack a game and this came up i don't understand ...
[9 replies] Last: http://cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/72163/ R.I.P. I.P. (by cnoeval)
help with c++ programming

Hi everybody My name is chris and i m new in c++ I have design a simple electric circuit with 2 resistances.. I want to help me to create a program in c++ ,w...
[2 replies] Last: But why's resistance an object and circuit a class? I'd put resistanc... (by Whovian)
Help!

Hello here is my problem. what i want is that Double D = to float a * 12 how should i write that? (note that i have the rest of the program figured out. i jus...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you :) (by JonasQuist)
What is the best name for the function I wrote?

I wrote a function that uses standard algorithm std::accumulate. It does the same work but for some specific sequence. So I named it as bla_bla_accumulate ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you. Now I will think about how to substitute correctly the pre... (by vlad from moscow)
Emailing

Hey, I am currently trying to make a program that will send a text to my cell phone but, I am trying to do this by sending a email to mynumber@pcs.rogers.com wh...
[6 replies] Last: Okay so im using a different SMTP and im running it off my local host ... (by mackw44)
Please help with making my program loop back to the beginning

Hey guys I have been trying to get my program to loop back to the beginning but I cant get it done. Please help #include <iostream> //Libraries to be include...
[1 reply] : please next time put your code into code-syntax #include <iostream>... (by therockon7throw)
Help

A buddy of mine asked me to help him with his assignment as he's just recently started learning c++ so I thought I'd give it a shot, he sent me this program, bu...
[3 replies] Last: You can not define function within your main ; -> incorrect -> #inc... (by therockon7throw)
by a2i2i2
I need your help guys with this

I got this problem: A password-protected security door can only be opened when a user inserts a valid 4-digit personal identification number (PIN). The pr...
[8 replies] Last: about the heads up yes i know i posted the same in another forum couse... (by a2i2i2)
by dthkai
Can't delete pointer!

Hi! I'm using Visual C++, from the visual studio 2010 suite, and I'm having some troubles, I'm receiving an error, here's the code #include "stdafx.h" #includ...
[14 replies] Last: @cire I see whet you mean, I was looking at the original code where he... (by naraku9333)
by mowicz
Vector, polymorphism and destructors.

Hello there. I have a class which inherits from another one and a vector to store pointers to the objects vector<Worker*> workers; class Worker { p...
[4 replies] Last: cire's suggestion is also good. I would consider doing that as well. ... (by Disch)
Object life time

Hello all, I have the following class which is part of a big project, my problem is at some time during execution the member variables of this class are no mor...
[3 replies] Last: Hello there I have tried that but didn't work. What? You need to sho... (by coder777)
Auto save & Load

Hello C++ forum. New time poster here. So he's my problem, i'm trying to learn how to make my program auto save & load. I want it to save certain things at cert...
[no replies]
Recursion in binary tree

Hi, I was writing program for binary tree and trying to find the leght of binary tree through max_tree function.This code compile and work fine but I coudlnot ...
[4 replies] Last: Basically, yeah, with the exception that in 5), it adds 1 to the summa... (by Gaminic)
problem with "Convert int 1-3000 to words"

Okay, so our professor gave us a homework about switches and hinted us to use modulus "%". So I came up with the following formula, I checked it and it works bu...
[13 replies] Last: you're not handling (tens > 1) && (ones >= 1). Logic you might want t... (by doug4)
May 2012 Pages: 1234... 41
  Archived months: [apr2012] [jun2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.